Beiträge von Nutrinoland

Hi Marc
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    Coincidentally, SUN Media is where I purchased my Virus from. I did visit them today and had them check the adapter.
    They do not seem to have any power adapters in stock or any spare ones.
    I will get in touch with Access Support for more information regarding this issue.
    I would just like to know if it is safe to use any other power adapter with the exact same specs, which I might purchase locally.
    If it is not so safe,I would rather spend a little money, and get a power supply directly from Access to make sure that the main unit is not damaged in any way during prolonged use.

Anyway, Thank YOu for the help.

Cheers !!

Hi
    My Ti snow adapter seems to have gotten spoiled.
    The Snow is receiving no power and does not come on, nor does the LED indicate that it is receiving power.
    I think it happened cause the cable of my spike guard/surge protector that it was plugged into, was a bit melted, due to overload.
    I got the power adapter checked with a multi meter and it seems to be malfunctioning.

My question is, is it advisable to find an exact match for the power supply and use that or should I contact Access and order a new power supply ? WOuld it be safer in the long run to get an original power supply from Access ?

Also I am hoping that only the power supply is spoiled and not the Snow itself. I will only know when I find a match for the power supply and plug it in.
    Do You think that it might just be the power supply and not the Virus itself ? Is there some sort of built in Protection on the main Unit ?

I live in India and I will have to order the power supply or send the Snow back all the way to Germany, which will take almost 2 months to return and will cost a fortune.....

Please Advice ..

Thanks

only if it is very minimum cost....
    i feel that access has an advantage over other companies because of the free updates...it is very attractive to prospective customers...and it keeps current users happy too....
    i dont think they should charge for the regular updates......but they could have some special features that could be sold apart from the upgrades....some really cool features....

i am very happy with the free updates,patches concept.....i cannot stand other companies like digidesign that make customers pay for every little additional feature like 'export MP3'...thats ridiculous...especially after buying expensive hardware and software that only work together.....and a whole bunch of other computer specs are required...

companies like that piss me off.....

access is a peoples company...it is loyal and in turn its customers are loyal and happy.....

hi
    I have a Virus Snow
    the generalized Virus TI specs say -

6 balanced outputs with +4 dB level and soft limiting algorithm. Studio grade 192 khz D/A converters with S/PDIF digital I/O. 2x24 bit inputs. Surround sound capabilities. The Virus TI Snow has 2 un-balanced outputs and no SPDIF I/O.
    192 Khz studio grade D/A converters (+4dB balanced output), with soft limiting algorithm. 24 bit A/D converters. The Virus produces one of the hottest signals in the industry. Live keyboards can leave their DI boxes at home and plug the symmetrical outputs right into the stage box (special cable required)..

The snow has 2 analog outs,but are all the other specs the same as the other models? like +4dB (unbalanced outputs) with soft limiting algorithm,192 kHz D/A converters,24 bit A/D etc...?

also

how would i connect my snow to my analog mixer?? would i need to use -10dBV or +4dBu inputs on my mixer ?not sure about the outputs on the snow . .(consumer -10 dBV or pro +4 dBu ). will i need to plug the snow's outputs into my mixers preamp and give it some gain or a DI box required ?

i wish the manual was more detailed and specific for each model, as there seem to be differences that can cause confusion. ?(

thanks...

i read the addendum that came with the new OS...it describes how to setup the sidechain feature ...it does not go too much into detail about this...

are there any fruityloops 8 users that have successfully used this feature to stream audio from the DAW into the virus?

i cannot find this part from the explaination... " The last step is to select an audio track as a source for your side chain input. In Apple Logic for instance,
    you can select the source track at the right upper corner of Virus Control window."

i dont see any source selection in virus control....( FL 8 )

any ideas?

thanks

yess.......

atleast one or two more envelope generators would be great...
    do you think this feature demands more on the processor or something like that??
    will it not be easy to implement??

also more complex envelope stages would be awesome....i find the envelopes a little basic....

with these features....so much more will be possible.....

strange that these features are not available already.....

i would also love to see a way to route the filter section...pre,post effects etc.....
    atleast one of the two filters....

Just got my new Ti snow....lovely sound...but quite disappointed....nothing i make with it (patterns) in fruity loops and ableton, syncs with the tempo...its all over the place..
    i am on OS 3.1.0.0....
    all the midi patterns i sequence ,just sound completely off...the sync keeps fluctuating...almost non functional if it cant play in time...

anyway...i need to find a way to make it work...i cant believe that this is the virus that everyone has been talking about so much...and so many pro musicians use....it cant be.....it cant even play in time.....first rule of being called 'music'....

well anyway...u can see that i'm quite disappointed......

so what can i do now?? i am gonna try a different version of the OS...
    i've heard that version 2.7.3 is quite stable with the snow....

dont know where to get it....

please help me get this version of the OS....
    it will be much appreciated...

i still have high hopes for this little synth...i am not gonna give up on it so easily....

thanks...