Virus Snow Power Adapter Problem

• Hi
    My Ti snow adapter seems to have gotten spoiled.
    The Snow is receiving no power and does not come on, nor does the LED indicate that it is receiving power.
    I think it happened cause the cable of my spike guard/surge protector that it was plugged into, was a bit melted, due to overload.
    I got the power adapter checked with a multi meter and it seems to be malfunctioning.

My question is, is it advisable to find an exact match for the power supply and use that or should I contact Access and order a new power supply ? WOuld it be safer in the long run to get an original power supply from Access ?

Also I am hoping that only the power supply is spoiled and not the Snow itself. I will only know when I find a match for the power supply and plug it in.
    Do You think that it might just be the power supply and not the Virus itself ? Is there some sort of built in Protection on the main Unit ?

I live in India and I will have to order the power supply or send the Snow back all the way to Germany, which will take almost 2 months to return and will cost a fortune.....

Please Advice ..

Thanks

• they distribute the virus in india and might have a spare on stock:

S.U.N. Media Venture Pvt. Ltd.
    1 Ground Floor, Krishna Kunj,
    Ashok Nagar Cross Road No. 3
    400 101 Kandivli (East). Mumbai
    ph: +91 22 28843772
    [email protected]
    Support Hotline: +91 22 28843772

... alternatively, try: get one with the exact same specs, support can help you with that. this way, you'll save tons of money lost in shipping

best, marc

• Hi Marc
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    Coincidentally, SUN Media is where I purchased my Virus from. I did visit them today and had them check the adapter.
    They do not seem to have any power adapters in stock or any spare ones.
    I will get in touch with Access Support for more information regarding this issue.
    I would just like to know if it is safe to use any other power adapter with the exact same specs, which I might purchase locally.
    If it is not so safe,I would rather spend a little money, and get a power supply directly from Access to make sure that the main unit is not damaged in any way during prolonged use.

Anyway, Thank YOu for the help.

Cheers !!

• The most important thing is that the power adapter is regulated (switching). You can try to look for the exact same adapter locally, look at the cover to see what is the make and model, it is probably made in or around China, so you can see who is the local importer, and if there is none, it would be cheaper to have it sent from China than from Europe, wouldn't it?