USB connect with Ti OS 3.1 does not work stable.

• I used TI OS 2.7.5 on XP which worked fine on my system and my host.

Yesterday I upgraded to TI OS 3.1 but had to downgrade to 2.7.5 again because USB connect worked unreliable and connection got lost all the time - ending up with a message that my TI has not been detected at all on USB... I had to reset my TI all the time - pressing ARP EDIT while repowering. This just helped a short time - then the same trouble returned

None of these things happens with OS 2.7.5

Access - what have you changed in OS 3.x with USB?... ?(

• hi,

2.7.5 was released like a year ago, obviously many things have changed in the last year. but at the same time, the driver has hardly changed and it doesn't seem that many people are suffering from the problem you've described above. are you in contact with access support? i'm pretty sure that they can help you in finding the root of the problem.

best, marc

• I consider contacting the support.

Last time I asked for Vista 64bit support... as I'd like to go for that.
    I only still run XP 32bit because of the TI software... but there seems no official answer to the 64bit question, doesn't it?
    Frankly, I don't want to spent too much time on fixing XP as what I really want is going for Vista 64bit or the upcoming Wn7 64 bit.

It's somehow wicked that TI OS 2.7.5 works better than 3.1.

I cross checked KVR forum and there are some more people having problems with 3.1. Some have gone back to 3.0.5. I haven't checked this as flashing the TI firmware always takes two coffe cup breaks... ;)

• Maybe trouble is somehow caused by the USB chipset drivers I'm using under XP.
    However that does not explain why TI 2.7 works fine while TI 3.1 does not.
    I'd highly prefer TI 64bit support instead of fixing an old XP system...

• i'm having issues too man.
    at first i thought I had too many usb devices (keyboard & mouse), so i tried using the ps2 port for my keyboard and that still didn't help.
    like i stated in the previous thread, the startup is very finicky for me, and works about 30% of the time.
    i'm probably gonna have to downgrade as well.

• guys, let me just say that downgrading will not help. if it helps, it has nothing to do with the problems you're facing. if the virus doesn't connect reliably, you are dealing with an USB problem, not with an instability with Virus Control or the driver. get in touch with support. we get those cases a lot and usually we can assist you to fix the problem.

best, marc

• I'm having the same issues, I'm on Mac powerbook G4 and few days ago everything was fine but since I upated to the beta version 3.2.0.7, my virus is not been detected in my powerbook. I tried everything, restarting with the Arp=edit but hold, starting in the USB edit mode but it did'n twork. Now I'm going to try to reverse my software version to 3.1.0, lets see. ?(

• I'm having the same issues, I'm on Mac powerbook G4 and few days ago everything was fine but since I upated to the beta version 3.2.0.7, my virus is not been detected in my powerbook. I tried everything, restarting with the Arp=edit but hold, starting in the USB edit mode but it did'n twork. Now I'm going to try to reverse my software version to 3.1.0, lets see. ?(

and it worked, maybe something is wrong with the Beta 3.2.0.7

• ... if it helps, it has nothing to do with the problems you're facing. if the virus doesn't connect reliably, you are dealing with an USB problem, not with an instability with Virus Control or the driver. ...

This sounds quite unlogical... if one changes one piece in an installation and things don't work well anymore to say it's something else than this change.

In my case USB works rock solid with TI OS 2.7.x - it's not something appearing in any case.

• That's the old story... change one bit in an installation and you can point vice versa if trouble occurs...

I've just checked out TI OS 3.2 beta and how funny - now things work much better! No trouble or usb errors any more when closing and reopening the TI VST in my host... but I know, that's again my XP, isn't it :D ? ...funny, now some Mac users seem to have trouble they had not before.

I am not angry or something... I can imagine how difficult it is to write a software like TI OS... to me it just looks like OS 3 still needs some tuning to work perfect... and as long as access works on that to make all work I am happy...

• every single time we update the OS, there are statements that it doesn't work in general and/or doesn't install right. most of the problems can be fixed with the help of access support in no time. as for this beta version, PC users shouldn't have new driver issues since the driver has not changed. mac users, might have issues since the driver is new.

Zitat

I am not angry or something... I can imagine how difficult it is to write a software like TI OS... to me it just looks like OS 3 still needs some tuning to work perfect... and as long as access works on that to make all work I am happy...

you don't sound angry :) - i think we got a good vibe going on this board and i hope it stays like that.

best, marc

• Hello~! New to the board...

I'm having the exact same issue as the OP, but under a specific circumstance.

My Virus is a decent distance away from my mac... I've been using a USB extension cable to reach the TI. Under OS 2.7.5, the TI runs fine. Any upgrade beyond that OS isn't stable.

If I move the TI closer to the mac, and plug it in with just 1 cable, the Virus is fine with OS 3.1. I know that the USB extension is probably a huge 'NO NO', but it doesn't seem to affect OS 2.7.5 whatsoever.

I see that with the new Access website design, old Virus OS aren't available for download. :(

• This is correct. Old OS versions are not available as download anymore for a reason. As Marc pointed already out OS 2.7 or even older versions are something like a year old.

In your specific case I can't really rule out this being more of a "lucky punch" with the TI working on OS 2.7.5 than this being a general problem. Especially using long USB extensions can be severely tricky whatsoever. Active extensions won't even work hence are not supported at all.
    If the TI works on a short USB connection with OS 3.1 it clearly is also related to the USB connection, not the OS, even if it might look like that.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner