Is a good idea to buy a reboxed virus?

• I found on ebay a Virus TI2 desktop to an incredible price, but it is reboxed. Is it safe to buy a reboxed-refurbished version, or should I save more money to get the regular? Did anyone have any experience regarding this? I'll appreciate all opinions. Thanks!!

• I am familiar with the term reboxed usually in the context of music stores putting the instrument on display at the shop and then putting it back in the box and selling it, usually with a restricted warranty, since it may have been through hard times.

I am even more worried about what refurbishing means, since as I understand, replacing LEDs and POTs is fairly easy with the Virus, replacing other circuits inside it might be hazardous to its health. So I would basically ask (a) under what warranty it is sold and (b) what was done to it during the refurbishing and by whom.

• I am familiar with the term reboxed usually in the context of music stores putting the instrument on display at the shop and then putting it back in the box and selling it, usually with a restricted warranty, since it may have been through hard times.

I am even more worried about what refurbishing means, since as I understand, replacing LEDs and POTs is fairly easy with the Virus, replacing other circuits inside it might be hazardous to its health. So I would basically ask (a) under what warranty it is sold and (b) what was done to it during the refurbishing and by whom.

Ok, so reboxed is like another term for "ex-demo" then, I was a little unsure whether he meant that Virus internals had been placed inside some sort of different casing.

• Come on, join in the fun. What do you think it could mean?

It doesn't look like the OP is going to tell us so we may as well speculate a little…

No harm intended, I was only kidding. To be honest though, I knew exactly what it meant, maybe it is a western world thing, but anytime the term reboxed comes up, it means it has been previously unboxed, used, then packaged back up for sale, it is no longer factory sealed like a brand new untouched one would be. Why it was opened and how it was used is the real question to determine its value on resale.

• Unfortunately the retailer doesn't specify much about the condition of the instrument, just that it is under full guaranty. Quote:

"B-Stock units are either a display unit or a manufacturer refurb that is under warranty and must pass an extensive inspection that tests to make sure every aspect is fully functioning. In many cases the inspection B-Stock units must pass is even more demanding than standard quality control brand new units go through."