• Hi everyone,

Does anyone happen to know any good resources for either replacing misaligned keys or fixing them by chance? A D key on my Virus polar has started sticking up at higher angle than the rest and even though it still works I can feel it getting slightly stuck when I release it.

Here's a photo to make it clear what exactly is wrong:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/nisroch/photo.jpg

Please note, I am unemployed so sending it for repair is NOT an option for me.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Indulgence gets us friends, but truth gets us hatred.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,

• I bought it second hand so that's a no.

Indulgence gets us friends, but truth gets us hatred.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,

• If out of warranty, Take it apart and have a look.. you will prob find the key has been struck from underneath and either bent or snapped the plastic lugs on the key itself. If that is the case, then remove it (dont ask me because i never taken a virus apart), and hopefuly the broken parts are still atached, just super glue them/it back on and refit the key. if you have lost the broken bits... look at a good key and glue a bit of plastic on, similar in size, and file it so it matches. This is the "free option" or order a new key from Access.

I Replaced a key on my Roland XP80 only last week funny enough (After a Roady hit it with a mic cable and pulled it Grrr!) so its easy to do... but then i am an Electronics/Mechanical Technician :thumbup: but its easier than you think to repair.

Good Luck!