More USB Outs!

• I hope you realize that if you use USB outs and Analog outs at the same time that the analog outs will out of sync compared to the USB outs unless you put a track delay on those tracks. The analog outs are supposed to be used when you trigger the TI with a normal midi cable and don't use the USB at the same time. That's one of the issues I am having with the TI. I wish you could use USB and Analog outputs at the same time without having to use a track delay on the tracks that are using the analog outs. Try it, create 2 MIDI parts using 1/8th notes, one triggering a USB output, the other the Analog output. They will not play back in sync with each other! Now switch the analog out part to a second USB output and both parts will play back completely in sync.

Ken

This cant be happening, since the digital sound from USB is processed by your pc/mac so you will have always a bit of latency.

• I know already about the trackdelay, please dont ask me to make a video even for a such easy thing.
    In REAPER i just have to drop a JS called time_adjustment that allow to put additional manual delay compensation on tracks that needs it (in this case, those analog tracks). Calibration is so easy that is flattering.
    You dont even have to do it multiple time, just the first time and then save your tracks as a template. Then you will have all this stuff (whole virus multiout setup) at reach by a single click...

• Your video was helpful to those who didn't know how to do this, however it was also confusing to those who don't know about the latency between analog and USB out. Personally, I am well aware of that. :) I was saying that it's a pain having to use track delay when using the analog outs along with Virus Control (hence using USB). It should be done automatically but it isn't (and can't I guess), that's my point. Track delay may be easy for you to do, but as you can see some people are having problems just using the normal 3 stereo USB outs as 6 mono outs. How confusing do you think it will be for those people to add track delay to tracks that trigger the analog outs on their TI to compensate for the latency? You hadn't mentioned that when you said you can use 12 mono outputs with the TI and I bet it would confuse A LOT of people who don't know about the latency between USB and Analog outs when using Virus Control.

To address another post, there is latency on the USB, it is however compensated for if your DAW has plugin delay compensation and therefore plays back sample accurately. However, if PDC is enabled using Virus Control the notes that are triggered through the analog outs are coming early and will have to be manually delayed using track delay.

Thanks,
    Ken

• Thx for the vid! gonna try this in cubase and studio one

but i wonder if some of the settings only appear in reaper or should this work in any sequencer?

• to Access:

maybe you could also change VC Menu a bit ragarding the outputs, so its clear for everyone how to set this up

also an official Tutorial Vid would be helpful for customers on your website for this

• firewire400 is worse than usb and most people don't have firewire800! :)

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• firewire400 is worse than usb and most people don't have firewire800! :)

OMG! i posted this in another section how can it ends up here?

Marc! :|

http://www.myspace.com/monoproductionstm

DAW: Cubase 5

MB: Asus Rampage Extreme
    RAM: 4x 2GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
    CPU: Intel core 2 quad @ 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI EAH 4890 1GB
    Sound: t.c. eletronic Konnekt 8
    Monitoring: 2x KRK rp6 g2 + 1x KRK rp10s
    DSP: UAD, t.c. eletronic Powercore 6000 including virus powercore
    USB: Virus Ti Polar
    FW: Korg m3

• I really don't think there is much you can do about the whole USB channel business - sure access could but a mountain of development work to get USB 2.0 working (which it would take), but would people on laptops (who are the only ones that are really vulnerable here) really find themselves managing to cope with the extra channels (ie do they have enough bandwidth in their computer, never mind the USB).

People with PCs... Buy a multi channel sound card and some cables - double your channels! (common you already shelled out on the virus, you might as well get the pc hardware to do it justice - and yes that does include a dedicated USB pci card! :D )

• i don´t mind using the analog outs, enough cabels for everything here, too much cables :-))

that with the usb mono out option, shown in the video, is a good solution

but as i said the option to choose more usb outs would be nice anyway