Windows 7 not installing USB Drivers

• @derrick_s: don't hijack threads. your problem is a totally different one and already answered in your original thread.

Regarding Windows 7: The current software does not support Windows 7. Of course, there will be a version that will support Windows 7.

-timo

• well yeah, i hoped that this new os would fix this win7 problem, but look at the screenshot i posted in the "version mismatch" thread

• Question for those on Win7, does installing USB device take a ridiculously long time? On my box, it stops at "Installing USB Device" screen for about 3-4 minutes and gives "No Virus TI Detected." After clicking OK, the installation proceeds to updating firmware and everything is ok.

• I'm running Win7 RTM x86 and got the 3.1 drivers installed successfully - had to go via Device Manager. But didn't get VC working in Cubase 4. When I added the Virus TI, I only got an empty / blank window.

Reverted to 3.0.5 beta, and now it's working OK. But can confirm that it's slow - the GUI at least. Midi / audio seems OK, but haven't tested any big projects yet.

Installing USB drivers tok a little longer than usual I think. It's annoying that new windows during installation keep popping up in the background, making me sometimes believe that the installation has failed or something.

Guess we just have to wait for Win7 compatible drivers.

• my conclusion to using VC on Windows 7:

you cannot use it in a productive envoirment yet, its too sluggish

so still keep your win xp running until this doesn´t change

and also use a PCI USB Card, makes things easier

• I can only repeat what Marc said: Windows 7 isn't officially supported and it is not even officially out yet.

I strongly recommend to stick with actually supported OS versions until our R&D department confirms support for a certain OS platform.

Best wishes,
    Joerg Huettner

• Yeah, it's not just VC thats running slow as hell for me in Win7, most VSTs are consuming more CPU than they ever did - I'm sure it's something to be ironed out over the next 18 months (it may just be a 32-bit thing...)

• I seriously - and this not only goes for our software - would NOT jump to a beta version of a computer operating system that isn't even out yet, especially if you professionally rely on a setup. I wouldn't even do it if I do not have to rely on it and I do not have to professionally do beta testing for that OS company.

It is just way too early to use Windows 7 at this point. There's really no point in using it.

Best wishes,
    Joerg Huettner

• yes and no...because lots of software, synths, plugins are allready running very well on windows 7 beta

and there isn´t much changed to the realese version as i have heard from people allready using the release

everyone should try the beta (its free) if planing a switch to win7, you can allready see which software is running and which is not

but of course keep your productive system running!

• Yeah, i'm only on Win 7 because I had to be - XP SP3 was being really troublesome for more critical things so I had to make the jump.

I realise its premature, being an RC and everything and have every intention of waiting - I don't want to apply eny pressure or anything, I just want to know if the whole Win 7 / 64-bit thing is going to be traumatic for Access or not (giving some indication of whether it will be a while or not). I expect they don't know until the day if things will be troublesome and I'm sure they aren't wasting any time and I'm also sure that a squeaky clean Win 7 64-bit driver implementation will take a release or two to get there...

I'm not sure there is anything more to say on that one... ?(