Put Virus TI2 in rack but still needs more than 4 rack spaces

• I put my Virus TI2 in a rack using the TI2 rack mounting kit. The midi and audio and other connectors are in the back now after I rotated them. Everything is fine except that the TI2 takes up about a quarter inch (5 mm) more space than 4 rack spaces so I still need 5 rack spaces to have it in my rack.

After looking through this forum, it seems that I am the only one to notice this. I attached the rack ears the only way they would attach to the Virus so I don't think I did anything incorrectly.

No big deal because I use a strip of black plastic tape to cover the empty space above the Virus but I just wondered if anyone else who has racked their Virus TI2 ran into the same problem.

Mandala

• I have my desktop racked too & yes it does take up 5u in the rack, I'm pretty sure it says that somewhere in the docs or the website but I can't find it right now. I've left the small gap at the bottom but some may prefer to leave the gap at the top if they'd rather not flip the connections to the rear.

In Flabberbobs picture you can see the half rack space has been left at the bottom of the blanking plate.

• My racked TI2 does look like the Virus TI in Flabberbob's picture except that I have my TI2 in a 6 space rack. My TI2 is at the bottom of the rack. At the very top I have a Lexicon MPX1 and between them I have this less than 1 rack space hole. If the TI2 took up only 4 rack spaces, I could have covered up the gap with a one rack space plate but I had to improvise to cover the gap. So I cut a 19 inch strip of black plastic tape. I taped one end of the strip to the left hand rack rail and the other end to the right hand rack rail. The one inch wide tape is not a perfect fit but it does look better than the gap.

I appreciate the replies. Now I know that my Virus TI2 is not the only TI2 suffering from this defect.