First impressions about Virus

• Hi everybody and greeting from Finland!

As my first post, I'd like to share few of my first impressions of my first Virus ever. I have spent my first two weeks with my brand new TI2 polar. I like it very much and I am sure that this synth can inspire me for years. It looks great, it feels great and overal buid quality is great. It has its own personal sound and it certainly has a place in my palette. I also have Arturia Origin, Korg Radias & Microkorg XL, Novation ultranova, Nord Piano & Stage2 and plenty of soft running in my mac.

Now, few problems too. I have had two gigs with Polar (runnig beta OS5) and on both I had "hanging notes" which I needed to cut with panic button. This happened just once per gig but still quite embarassing and something which I would not expect from a hardware synth. Also, I noticed that when I tried to sync Virus to external midi clock, changing presets gets VERY slow. In fact so slow that it cannot be used on stage. One more thing which was quite surprising to me and I never even thought about it before my purchase: Virus does not have a compressor(s). Of course many of users take this from plugin etc. but a live stage player like myself this is very much wanted feature. In fact in my Origin almost all my presets (solo sounds especially) have some amount of compression.

But all this been said, I see great future with my Virus!

Pekka,
    Turku, Finland

• I have had two gigs with Polar (runnig beta OS5) and on both I had "hanging notes" which I needed to cut with panic button. This happened just once per gig but still quite embarassing and something which I would not expect from a hardware synth.

Hi There and Welcome!....

Maybe you should revert back to OS 4.8 as OS5 is still in Beta stage? i wouldnt use OS5 live on stage as it is still "buggy"

I have also had this slowing of patch selection issue too, but not a real problem as mine just sits in my studio.

Maybe when access release the "official" OS5 version you can rest assured the stability of your Virus on stage. 8)

As for Compressors, I agree!.. i was surprised non were included, but like you say, external or VSTs are available, which i prefer so as not to use Virus Resources. I would sooner have a nice sparkly Reverb, or Delay. Maybe post in the request section?.... you never know ;)