Volume and sustain control in MULTI mode

• Hello,

I have a question of how to control the volume (#7) and sustain (#64) on ALL the sounds in multi mode independently from the midi channels used.

My problem is that I trigger 1 sound in mutli mode by midi channel 1 (Virus TI) and another sounds by midi channel 2, but I have the feeling that I can only get a volume or sustain effect on the sound triggered by channel 1, not channel 2.

Furthermore, I also would like to send that sustain and volume controller signal to my motif rack, so that I can control the motif's vol and sustain 2.

as well. However it's not relly working for my motig and the virus multi parts tgriggered by midi ch 2.

Can anybody help me please?

My present config looks like this...

key 1 (Virus) and crt #7 and hold #64 pedal set up in config - midi out to motif rack, midi ch 1 to trigger parts in multi mode

key 2 stage piano - midi ch 2 in to virus to trigger parts in virus multi mode

Greets Chris :wacko:

• I'm not sure I have the solution to your problem because I'm not sure I fully grasp your setup and your intentions, but I have a few ideas. First here's a thread about a similar (but not identical) setup.
    Sustain - from the multi menu (LCD) you can select which part should respond to the sustain (hold) pedal, connected to the back of your Virus.
    Volume - from the config menu (on the LCD as well) you can set up one soft knob to be global, and assign it to control patch volume.
    External CC-s - If you want to control all parts externally, send your CC-s to the Virus on the global channel (selected from the config menu).
    If you want to control both your keyboards at the same time, look for this option in your Motif or get an external MIDI controller that you can connect to both. I don't think that the Virus has an option to filter the MIDI messages that its sends out, so that you'll get only the CC-s you want.
    Hope this helps!