Send MIDI Clock through MIDI IN but still use Virus Control via USB?

• Is it possible to set Virus to receive timing via MIDI cable and use Virus Control via USB (disable sync via USB)? Audio is already going via analog outs. As many other people I also have timing issues (especially with the arpeggiator). However I can also see MIDI clock jitter on other devices. When locked to host (Logic 9) MachineDrum's tempo is keep drifting with a few BPMs. I'm thinking of going for Innerclock Sync Gen or Expert Sleepers USAMO to eliminate MIDI jitter coming from host. Of course I don't want to lose Virus Control, hence I was thinking of using USB for VC and MIDI IN for sync. If possible...
    Throw some light please. THX

• <p><span style="line-height:1.28">This is not possible since the Midi ports on the TI function like a Midi interface in this case and the TI already receives Midi clock via the Virus TI plugin, so it would receive Midi clock twice, which isn't good.</span></p>

<p>Sent me an email to support [at] access-music.de</p>

• if you have an external clock, then simply sync your DAW to the external clock, then VC (and Virus) will be sync'd to it.
    (daw will allow you to specify a latency for the inbound an outbound clock)

personally, I found the Virus to have better timing when using USB, as it got more bandwidth than DIN, so when lots of midi activity its more stable.