Virus TI refuses to stay in sync with long pauses between notes

• How do you keep Virus TI tempo-synced? I'm using Ableton Live 10 (yay) and my TI2 desktop with the Virus TI plugin. As with all previous versions of Ableton, the Virus works so-so when it comes to keeping its tempo synced.

If I have a pattern (say, three quantized 16th notes in quick succession) that play every 2 measures, Virus cannot keep in sync and play those notes on time (quantized). It's as if during the long pause between notes, it loses its tempo sync.

I've resorted to playing a dummy MIDI clip to send quarter notes to the Virus, to a dummy voice that doesn't output any audio, to keep it in sync. Is this really the only way to keep Virus TI in sync?

• Am I right to assume you‘re talking about the Virus ARP? Since you‘re using an external sequencer/DAW anyway, why don‘t you send those 16th notrs from there? Or am I misunderstanding your setup?

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Now I get it. I'm mainly using Cubase, and this special type of sync problem does not happend there, so I assume it must be specific to Ableton Live's way of communicating to the VC plugin.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+