Beiträge von Synthtoast

sounds like you are having the same problem as me but in reverse!!!???

i had problem with arp and 128 latency when i used to internal mainboard usb chipset
    when i switched to external pci usb card ,that problem solved...
    i have no experience about amd chipset but maybe it's similar like intel..

just got back with pci usb, installed it....only TI connected, still 62% usage but i still tried it in cubase, arp goes out of sync....
    this is starting to get frustrating since i want to make music!!! and i realy cant just forget about the arp section becuase i love it!!

now i realy am starting to feel stuck....what else can i try???

* i just read a whole bunch of rubbish about USB, it says that "high speed" is in fact USB 2 speed, whereas USB 1 is read as "Full speed" this makes no sense but thats how it is. anyways. ive been checking out the power tab on all my usb connections, ive been testing which slot is which listing in the USB device manager. it seems as though when i plug my TI into what i have worked out to be a HIGH SPEED operational usb port it ends up on a different port which is FULL SPEED.

i might be wrong but dosnt this mean my TI is basically trying to run on USB1?..... if anyone reads this and is on windows can you please check the "power tab" on the USB Hub listing in device manager and tell me if yours is running full speed or high speed?.......im hoping ive found the source of the problem.

The issue is back, i tested it out a bit more intensely and the problem reappeared after ten minutes, i closed cubase, went back in and it was still there immediately.

now i dont know what else to try!!.....

*My bandwidth usage is at 62%, i tried a different cable, i unlpugged all unnecesary peripherals and made sure that the TI was on its own usb hub. i tried a whole differnet options in terms of which cable goes where.

nothing helped, my system reserve for usb says its 10% is that normal. i noticed the PCI to usb were at 20% system reserve.....i dont know what that means but im guessing this must be a usb problem now.

I agree with everyone that says you should start from scratch it realy is the only way.... years ago i had this OCD thing with synths, when i got a new vst i would immediately delete all the presets, i couldnt stand the idea of presets they just pissed me off........as i said it was OCD ....now its better tho so thank god i dont delete all the beautifull Virus TI presets i got but my point is that sitting at a blank synth patch and trying to work out how to get a certain sound is the only real way to learn........well it worked for me anyways.

TBIA invalid data window?......

what i always do when im getting some rubbish is format my pc, dont install anything except the neccesary things to test the software that is giving you the problem, then if it is working fine you can install your other drivers and everything but dont do them all at once, test the systems stability after installing each devices driver.

no need for a mac if you know how to handle a pc!!! :P

if its protools LE 8 then this could definately have something to do with no Automatic Delay Compensation in protools LE...... protools 9 has ADC tho.

if you search for articles on Automatic delay compensation in protools le 8 you will get some demonstrations of how to compensate for latency caused by plugins, also there is a video guide that came with virus TI that shows how to do this in protools 7, but it is exactly the same procedure......

hope this help!

Kyron.

OK, so the TI software finally downloaded, i ran it, it updated, i did a reset like you suggested, i went into cubase, set up my sound properties, loaded VC and first just made a simple arp with one key

....i was getting the same issue so i tried with a whole chord sequence and it seems to be SLIIIIIGHTLY better, i dont seem to hear the strange pitch squeak when chords jump into eachother now but there is still definately a strange timing thing happening.......this time i recorded it and i uploaded a clip to my facebook page...

here

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TenSion/113877905301220 called arp something something..... hope this will help you to help me....and thanks again.

Kyron.

*EDIT* just tried again and confirmed that changing buffer settings makes no difference even though when i initially changed to 128 it seemed to be working fine and i thought it was solved and then all of a sudden it started doing it again. that clip is not a great example of whats happening but it will give you an idea, it gets about 5 times worse than that. ?(?(

*EDIT 2* just tried using it in standalone mode by just sending a midi track from cubase to the TI, worked perfectly - i spent about an hour making a realy sweet arp and it didnt go out of sync once. so....its not the TI, its not the USB? it has to do with Virus Control?...... when i use virus control and i send the tracks to the analog outputs it still gives me that jerk at the beggining of a new arp chord but when i use standalone it dosnt......is it opening up the usb streaming when i load VC that is screwing the USB MIDI? ..... should i not use usb midi as well as usb audio streaming?...... anyways im getting closer to the problem.

i dont know how im going to do that since ive installed cubase on another partition and im waiting for VC to download (again) which is gna take at least an hour. and besides. i dont think its a problem that i would notice just playing with a kb, it seems to happen when the notes from one chord to another are stacked right against eachother, but i will try anyways, there is still the possibility that it will work fine now since i have formatted my drive, split the drive, installed windows on both drives, and have one for music and the other for net and bla bla, ive done a lot of optimising in windows, and this time i installed 32bit......sooo lots of things are different maybe it will make a difference. ill post my results later.

thanks.

Hi, im running a an AMD phenom quad core CPU. 2.8 ghz

4 gigs of ddr2 ram, but now i formatted and installed 32bit windows instead,

my mainboard is an Asus something or other...

im busy downloading the TI software now but for some reason its only downloading it 4kbps which is not fun to watch.

o goodie and as i just finished writing that i got an error saying it couldnt download becauase the operation timed out.....sheesh.

well ill try again unless someone reads this and offers to send it to me over skype which would save me a couple more hours of pain.

dammit.

are there no alternative download locations for VC?.......i cant wait another hour for it to tell me it timed out.

wouldnt the delay clock times be easier to adjust if they were like the delay in cubase which has readings of 4\1D(for dotted) 2\1T(for triplets and so on, maybe its just because i never learnt music that it takes me a few minutes to work out which one is which.. i guess this is perhaps a matter of preference but what do you think?

another thing that would be nice to see in an update is more modulation destinations, and why is there such a limited list of destinations to assign to the soft knobs?
    i think things could get quite a bit crazier if we had more options considering modulation, i know there are lots of modulators, but now give us more things to modulate!

i said this in another place here but when i use extremely high speeds on lfo with envelope mode to create a kick for example, the kick often sounds great, when i then play another part with the kick no matter what the part is the kick starts to get some strange things happening to it, like its starting on different phase points. its not the biggest issue in the world since we all bounce to audio but its quite irritating when im trying to tweak another part to get it right with the kick. this is not a problem that only i have, someone else also stated that they are getting the same thing happening but whether its our system or not is a different story perhaps that could be looked into?

o and a dedicated mod envelope!!!.....and suggestions from other users of having a bit more control over the shape of the envelopes is a great idea to. we could do quite a bit more by altering the shape of the envelopes, perhaps this dosnt need to mean multiple editing points but just a simple way of controlling the curve? of the envelope, if anyone knows what im trying to say then please say it for me.

anyways, these are my suggestions......if you like them good, if you hate them good as well. dont care :D

um its the latest OS i downloaded 2 days ago, not the beta one tho.

no im in seq mode. im busy trying right now again since i did some changes to my usb settings but im still getting the same issue, its like im getting a tiny delay before the new note(s)
    start..

im 100 % sure its not the patch, since i am using one osc and have tried going through all the mono and poly modes.

my guess would be some kind of sync problem? as though the arp is going a touch out of time and then getting a bit of jerk when it starts again but i dont know.

thanks in advance for trying to help, this issue is realy bothering me

*EDIT* also im often getting a sharp pitch bend effect when a midi phrase starts, like a quick bend from high pitch back to the notes pitch, its very frustrating and i have no idea what it could be.

*EDIT2* ok now even wierder things are happening, when i turn the arp on nothing happens, if i switch to a arp preset and then back to the patch i was trying to arp it then comes on but i cant make any changes to speed, not length etc......even if i put the arp on arp-matrix it dosnt change.....omg even if i turn it off it dosnt change.....im going to reformat even though this system is relatively fresh but im gna try anyways.

Hi, ive been trying to work out what could be causing this, but what is happening is that each time a new chord plays when i am running the arpeggiator it seems to give a strange burst as though the chord is playing altogether for a split second, i thought this might be due to polyphony, maybe the tails of the notes where being cut off by the new chord or something, but i tried just with a init patch and its doing the same thing, anyone know what im talking about?

i dont realy know how to explain it better so im hoping someone is having the same deal.

:(

Are you 100% sure that they arent compatible? i had a few problems with non compatible plugs, i tried jbridge out and it just didnt seem to work at all, dont know what i was doing wrong....

but some of my 32bit plugs are working fine....no problems at all

also i dont think you can run cubase 32bit on windows 64bit?..

Hi, my name is Kyron Martiny and i recently recieved the greatest gift i could ever have imagined!!....a beautifull Virus TI Snow!...

i couldnt be more happier since i have been dreaming about Virus Synths since i first looked into them some years ago, i was initially in love with the virus C although i could never afford one:( then one day i notice the Virus TI!......i read some info, watched some vids......i stood back....i said.....Fuck!....i want that!.....

now years later i have that! and i couldnt be happier, i dont feel any limitations considering its the snow, i bounce all my audio, i even often find myself editing on the actual synth which is abot a thousand times easier than i imagined it would be. i never run out of notes, i dont crave more parts.....i cant realy imagine having more than this?

anyways....thats me...thats my story!.....

Kyron.