Beiträge von bobrob76

here's my thoughts... I just went to a couple sites like Sweetwater and a couple others that sell music gear. yes it is fact still being sold. so with that being said..that means that this company is still making money off of this thing. it would be one thing if it had been discontinued for quite a while but they are still currently making money off of it. looks pretty bad that they haven't updated the drivers

yeah Ast3rix its not looking too good if the last update was in 2017. that's too bad too since this synth has so much of its own sound identity. I just liked the fact that although most people were running towards massive that owning this thing kind of gave me a sense of having something that not just anyone has. I can't see for (2k) a synth that this company is not able to even keep up with even driver support. they should have been all over it from minute one. just looks like some bad decisions or bad management or something. for a minute on almost every site selling instruments this was the "hot buy". which meant it was selling like crazy. I would think that instead of just hanging it up after that that this company would have wanted to take it a step further with a virus ti 3 and make it part analogue and digital with full digital control and a plugin in and have both thunder both and usb 3 choice on the back and new filters and effects and be able to incorporate samples. that would have been bad ass. that's where I would have tried too go with the next step. something like that would have blown everyone else out of the water. and maybe put a really cool touchscreen on it like Akai is finally doing. with something like that they would have brought this line right up to date and made another killing off of it. I mean take a page out of Korg's book. they keep repackaging the same product over and over for like the last 20 years now especially with the triton

ok well looks like we are all pretty much on the same page. I think the lesson I'm learning here is from here on out just a computer and midi up to it and plugins that can be updated and splice. I love splice.... hell I'm using a 2013 Mac Pro and still love it. does exactly what I need it to do every time. I think it still might be a minute before this thing gets outdated. its not like the newest model that can continuously be upgrade(supposedlyX/) but it still runs everything super quick. I will ask everyone this though. massive.. does everyone have the same issue with it running so ridiculously slow? I've had the same one for several years and as I updated it it got so slow I won't even use it anymore, its the only plugin I have that's like that. I have 64 gigs of ram also

well oliatbass one of the reasons I bought this is because it was supposed to do both. and neither one broke either one. But the OS X is going to continue to update because they keep paying their employees to do so. Which means if this company does not then this thing is going to get out dated. and its sad that all it would take to keep this thing up to date is an update. that's it. just an update. no new hardware added or anything like that. just a software update to be written. I think its funny no matter what the platform is if you have a legitimate complaint about something (2k makes it legitimate) that someone always shows up to argue about it. and you're telling me that I should go out and buy a Mac just to keep an older operating system on it to run this when they should in fact update it like it says on the picture that I'm going to attach to it for your viewing pleasure. and when you look at this picture oliatbass id like you to tell me exactly what it means and what a potential customer is thinking they are going to be buying into. and if they aren't going to realease any new updates then in a sense its completely misleading and false advertisement. so do you read what those 2 pictures say? if not you can easily backtrack to the very front page and find one of them there and click on it and then it will take you to the second one. now I'm also sure about another thing... you will be back to argue and try to make some sort of empty point with me. but I don't care. what I do care about is the fact I spent 2g's on this and now it will only do half what it was built to do and now to be able to use it I have to start running cables from it and lets see how difficult we can make this process when it was pretty easy to use as a plugin. and from a recording standpoint and automation the plugin is definitely better. and if they don't want to update the software drivers themselves I'm sure another 3rd party would do it. I think they should do an open source code on it.

so I've read that there is no update for this. is there going to be one in the future or do I need to go ahead and put this on eBay?:( I mean we are going to have to continue to update our machines at some point. I discovered this the hard way and updated it to find out its just going to sit there now. when I first bought this about 4-5 years ago it said free updates for life. I guess the idea for life was just about 5 years. hell I wouldn't have even minded a few reasonably paid updates if that meant this company keeping someone around to keep working on these. its like they just completely abandoned this thing a few years back. I could see if it was something very cheap but this was supposed to be state of the art and the best synth ever and blah blah. I mean it was 2000 for me to get my hands on it and now its going to become one of the most expensive paper weights ever created. and what about all the projects I have this saved in? I guess those are done. or I can out another synth in place of it.

well thanks.. I thought this would probably be the best way since it works so well. Another question that I have is about the (my patches). That section holds about 128 or something....If I was to get really busy on creating my own sounds can I just copy that folder and rename it within the personal libraries folder and then just kick the sounds off it and then just add new sounds. (example... copy and then rename it my patches 2). I tried this and it seemed to work but still not sure if this is the correct way. And another question that I have is about the sound banks and where to get them. I noticed that I can go onto viruses website and download some of the soundbanks. The website has some free sound banks and some soundbanks where I can just get a few sounds as a teaser (demo) but it looks like I may need to go elsewhere for the actual sound bank. I'm not for sure where to go look for good sound banks. (even if they are for purchase). any suggestions? :thumbup:

I have a virus ti 2 desktop and I have just recently have got this to work in ableton. And it works well!!! I noticed that I can download more presets (soundbanks...midi files) for this. The way that I did it was download the file into my downloads and go into the zipped file and copy the file and paste it into the patches folder that is in the virus ti folder that is in the access music folder so that when I have it pulled up as a plug in I can just go into my libraries and the sound bank is there along side (my patches) and some of the other patches included like examples from the atomizer and other things. This seems to work but I don't know if this is the correct way or not. Is this the correct way??? :?: :whistling:

So far I have just been using the renaissance software as the daw. I havent tryied the renaissance softwre as a plug in on any other program yet. You are correct about one thing though. The renaissance doesnt have delay compensation yet. Hopefully it will in the futer. But that still doesnt explain how the renaissance playes all other vst intruments on time though. Also i have owned the virus ti for about 2 years now and now that I think about, I dont remember ever getting this thing to work correctly in any DAW. (protools 9, ableton, and now akai). :cursing:

Im using le. I have the delay comp turned on. Doesnt amtter if i uuse external sounds or If I make all tracks strait from the virus. The arpeggio and pro tools dont get along that well. It doesnt matter what arp pattern I use. Samething every time. I make the beat with my akai sequencer first. It sounds great, everything perfectly on time. Then I will set the akai to recieve midi from pro tools. Once I start to record protools just makes the arpeggio off beat and it no longer sounds good at all. all the other sounds from the ti are still on beat. I dont get it. It would make sense if all the sounds from the ti wre off beat...but just the arpeggio. And when I stop the recording and just hit the play button from the Akai the arpeggio is right back on time. Its frustrating. I can make something really cool with ii but I can't record it.

All of my other sounds are in sync. Sounds geat just beeing seqenced fromm my akai. Im using protools as the master and the akai as the slave. The problem happens when i hit the live button and record into protools. The arpeggio is out of sync. I tried the new beta version. The problem got a little better but its still not right. Plus the beta version has issues of it's own.Anyone else having these issues?