virus ti 2 arpeggiator (arpeggio) out of sync in pro tools 9

• All of my other sounds are in sync. Sounds geat just beeing seqenced fromm my akai. Im using protools as the master and the akai as the slave. The problem happens when i hit the live button and record into protools. The arpeggio is out of sync. I tried the new beta version. The problem got a little better but its still not right. Plus the beta version has issues of it's own.Anyone else having these issues?

• Im using le. I have the delay comp turned on. Doesnt amtter if i uuse external sounds or If I make all tracks strait from the virus. The arpeggio and pro tools dont get along that well. It doesnt matter what arp pattern I use. Samething every time. I make the beat with my akai sequencer first. It sounds great, everything perfectly on time. Then I will set the akai to recieve midi from pro tools. Once I start to record protools just makes the arpeggio off beat and it no longer sounds good at all. all the other sounds from the ti are still on beat. I dont get it. It would make sense if all the sounds from the ti wre off beat...but just the arpeggio. And when I stop the recording and just hit the play button from the Akai the arpeggio is right back on time. Its frustrating. I can make something really cool with ii but I can't record it.

• Dear Robert,
    I just replied also to your email in support after looking at the ProTools session you sent. As written in my email I honestly think this issue is caused by the Midi notes coming from the AKAI being recorded a 1/32 note too late into ProTools as soon as you slave the AKAI MPC to ProTools. You obviously will not hear this delay if the AKAI is the master and sending the Midi clock at the same time, since then the Midi clock and the timing of the Midi notes sent is perfect.

I opened the ProTools session you sent and all Midi notes recorded are 1/32 note off. This can't be caused by the TI, as the TI is just an instrument listening to the Midi commands sent to it. For some reason the AKAI seems to send the Midi notes to ProTools with this 1/32 note delay, which also explains why the arpeggiator then is sounding like it is "rushing", since it is syncing to the Midi clock coming from ProTools - which is obviously in time - while the Midi notes triggering the other TI sounds are coming in 1/32 note too late.

In short: this is not an issue caused by the TI at all - this is an issue with the AKAI sending the Midi notes to Protools too late/slow when the AKAI is not the tempo master.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner