Beiträge von spanda

Do you want to permanently store your own patches to Ti ROM? If thats you are wanting to do so you can use Virus Control to make patches and then use them without computer you can use the Virus Control Centre to burn user libraries to ROM. Awesome!!

Your post is a little confusing to me.. Sounds like you want to store NI instrument patches to the Ti?? Thats not possible...

Yes thats working fine for me. 2 x VC.

Logic 9 or Ableton 8. Snow Leopard or Lion OS X

Reference tuning can be done in one LCD menu with 2 soft knobs:

Code
    |    A4               440   
    | MIDI note           Hz

MIDI note will give you a choice between the usual 127 MIDI notes, and Hz will give you +/-63 Hz around the standard A440 tuning for that note.

Thanks for the info, great option. Will have give it a go asap :)

In cents yes, apologies was sure it was in hz last time I looked :S

Was some time ago.. http://virus.info/forum/index.…read&postID=7468#post7468

Perhaps its time for that feature request. Will put one in asap.

So we have 128 steps of 100 cents in master tuning and could also add semitone transpose to this to have a effective 100 cents each way.

100 / 128
    = 0.78125

So 128 steps of 0.78125 Cents or

Master tuning in Hz :

0.1986025941951 +1
    0.3972051883902 +2
    0.5958077825853 +3
    0.7944103767804 +4
    0.9930129709755 +5
    1.1916155651706 +6
    1.3902181593657 +7
    1.5888207535608 +8
    1.7874233477559 +9
    1.986025941951 +10
    3.972051883902 +20
    5.958077825853 +30
    7.944103767804 +40
    9.930129709755 +50
    11.916155651706 +60
    12.511963434291 +63

A little off here and too sleepy to fix my math but a good idea of possible accuracy and not exact enough for my purposes. Its either VC following DAW global tuning update or other means of pitch adjustment for me..

Cheers

Spanda

Master pitch 440 as with most synths can be set in 1Hz increments. Tuning rations (either equal temperament, pure tuning or a combination of the two for Virus's) are calculated from master pitch and not each element of the cycle of fifths. 440 is convenient but not in resonance with anything and many other pitching's have great reasons for use.

I've found tuning many instruments and a DAW differently for different songs if too much time spent in left brain for creative ease so tend to tune by other means. Plugins etc..

Would be great though if more synths followed DAW master pitch so this could be stored with song settings which the Virus currently does not... Hopes for the future!!!

Cheers

Spanda

IF your not using Virus Control use multimode and set desired channels to the same midi channel. Only drawback is each tweaked parameter can only have one value. i.e. Cutoff 1 will be the same for all channels once you begin to control it.

If your playing live in Logic with VC you could use the environment to split midi input to multiple channels.

Cheers

Spanda

http://www.spanda.com.au
    http://www.soundiseverything.com.au
    http://www.maclifesaver.com.au

Hi,
    Would adding another snow to my Set up be as simple as pluging in via USB and then using the installed VST plug on another channel in live 8?

Cheers
    D

Yes its that simple :)

1 x Ti Polar and 1 x Ti Desktop work fine for me.

Logic is a great tool. I believe Mac is more efficient plugin wise.

Logic is not great with multi threading and tends to overload one core even if you spread the load by distributing load with busses. Still really powerful and I do write very complex songs with it.

Ti runs smoothly with Logic/Mac. Often wanders out of Sync for me, stop and start song (wait for delays to fade completely) usually fixes this. Supposedly due to USB bandwidth so if TI has a full USB bus to itself things should work well. Mine are setup with their own USB bus's but I have a lot of USB devices, Ti Polar v1, Ti Desktop v1, 4 Midi controllers, Unitor 8, USB hard drives which I tend to disconnect when in studio mode to help bandwidth.

Can't comment on any recent versions of Cubase sorry :-/

Hey Jörg

Wasn't really asking for help but would be better if it didn't do it :) Was just happily dealing with it..

I am using a Mac Pro 8 core 2.4 (Current model)

Using a USB port on the back of the Mac Pro that is not shared with anything internal or external

Other USB devices... Unitor 8, Kore 2 Controller, Novation Remote SL0II, Ti Desktop V1, Novation remote LE 61. Keyboard/mouse Remote SL0 and Kore 2 are on a hub, There is a Belkin PCIe USB card with two backup hard drives connected.

Lion 10.7.2, Logic 9.1.5 (64 Bit)

Thanks

Spanda

My Polar's keyboard stops responding regularly.

If I reset it :

Disconnect power

hold arp edit for 30 secs

plug in power

hold arp edit for 30 secs

I get the keyboard back but have to reset LED brightness, Tuning and anything else I configured so its a pain but a cure..

When using VC, Local On would give you double midi messages when the same channel is selected in Logic or continue to control the Ti when other channels are selected in logic so don't do that..

Cheers

Spanda

No ground issues with My Polar or Desktop.

Polar and Keyboard have the same internal power supply which should be earthed internally..

My guess is either a earth loop somewhere else in your studio setup or internally in your Ti keyboard.

DI with ground lift in probably didn't fix it as the earthing issue could travel back down the power line to other devices.

Try unplugging other items in your setup one by one to see one stops the earth issue.. If not its the Ti and you should get you local Access distributer to look at the power supply/internal wiring.

The old bush method is to remove to earth pin from a double adapter so the device isn't earthed at all. If the internal wiring has the power and earth mixed up the chassis could be live and you may get a nasty shock but its saved many a festival!!!

Cheers

spanda

Ok so got other Ti back and both working with the new method of add parameters as needed in 32bit mode. (This is great thanks Access!!)

In 64 bit mode they are all there all the time so a bit messy but all working. Think this is what Marc was referring to in that other post I read..

Lore : If its not working as above with your Snow maybe (hopefully:-) its just you OS needing a cleanup? Done a disk Permissions reset with disk utility lately? and a disk check to see if your directory is ok? Always first things I go to when software if behaving strangely.. Disk Warrior is a great app for directory rebuild if disk utility shows issues..

Cheers

spanda

Seems to be broken at the moment... Noticed a post from Marc saying its a known issue and will be fixed in a coming update.

Works in 64bit mode for me with 1 Ti and actually seems to work with 2 Ti's connected although I haven't had my other one working since I noticed so will update when I get it sorted.

Some people seem to be having the issues with 64bit mode so change it and see if you can see all the parameters?

Just in case... Get info on the Logic app in the applications folder and uncheck 'open in 32 bit mode' to open in 64bit mode.