Apple iMac - Logic 9 versus Cubase 6.5 with Virus TI

• Hello Party People...

before i spend much money....

I think about taking a iMac latest Generation for music production.

Some questions..

- stability? I simply look for a solid rock stable system, with windowsXP / Cubase and Virus i really dont have much fun (sometimes pc freezes, strange behaviour..). When Virus USB is NOT plugged in the PC, i dont have this strange issues! damn!

- comparison between cubase 6.X and logic 9 pro on iMac - performance, which platform can handle more plugins, audio-tracks etc?

- with how many audio-tracks you can use on a normal iMac latest generation? how many effect/synth plugins?

-is there a big differnce in workflow compared between cubase and logic? I have been cubase user for years, dont remember how logic "feels"

THANK YOU! :thumbup:

• Logic is a great tool. I believe Mac is more efficient plugin wise.

Logic is not great with multi threading and tends to overload one core even if you spread the load by distributing load with busses. Still really powerful and I do write very complex songs with it.

Ti runs smoothly with Logic/Mac. Often wanders out of Sync for me, stop and start song (wait for delays to fade completely) usually fixes this. Supposedly due to USB bandwidth so if TI has a full USB bus to itself things should work well. Mine are setup with their own USB bus's but I have a lot of USB devices, Ti Polar v1, Ti Desktop v1, 4 Midi controllers, Unitor 8, USB hard drives which I tend to disconnect when in studio mode to help bandwidth.

Can't comment on any recent versions of Cubase sorry :-/