Beiträge von Roby31

When I open Virus Control Center in my MacBook Pro I am able to successfully connect to my Virus Ti. I switch to the Burn to Flash Rom tab and click 1. Select Source Bank and Control Center crashes every single time.

I have tried reinstalling control center. I have tried installing older versions. For whatever reason the symptom is the same. Clicking to select a source bank causes Control Center to crash. Any suggestions?

Edit: I should note that I am on OSX 10.6.4 running 2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4 GB of memory.

What bank are you trying to burn? For me the Kamui soundset did that all the time. I was able to burn it on OS 3.3.x but then it stopped working properly and I had to overwrite it. My solution was loading it up in Virus Control, set up the patches properly so that they didn't crash the Virus or the VC any more and load them in RAM. I've not tried to load them again in the ROM memory but I will, when I have smoothed the sounds up to my needs.

They're Virus C users, doing soundbanks and tutorials, playing their songs at the biggest parties in Europe (they're playing at DefQon 1 in Almere while I'm typing this). I think they should be added to the power users' list.

If you're talking about muting the sound and getting the delayed signal only: why not assigning the pedal to delay send instead that lowering the volume? when send is all the way up you get only the wet signal.

Hi There

I just recently purchased the Kamui Sound Set and I am really struggling to get it going can someone give me a quick step by step guide on how to upload them onto my virus browser?

Two ways:
    1) Unrar the file into your "My Patches" folder, so you can open it in the Virus Control

2) Open the Virus Control Center, select "Burn to Flash ROM", select your bank as the source file, select one of the ROM banks as destination, wait for the process to end.

Read the manuals :)

How would you know if it were necessary to change it?

Do a backup every time you have new important RAM patches, because the "symptoms" of your battery dying are patches getting corrupted or lost when the Virus is not powered (not in standby, unplugged. Also, just the RAM patches and possibly the machine's settings, as ROM is obviously non-volatile). Your battery's mileage may vary, the manual says about 4 years, but keeping your Virus in standby instead of unplugging it will prevent the battery from discharging at a fast rate.

On a side note, I own a Waldorf Micro Q, the first yellow model. It's about 10 years old now and its battery is fine.

Read your manual. It says that you want your Virus TI's battery changed every about 4 years. Of course if you keep it standby most the time, with the power cable plugged in, you'll improve the battery's life. (And also you'll improve the life of any capacitor that's in the Virus. Caps like to be always powered.)

Edit: Timo beat me to it. Nice picture :)

Found a minor glitch that appeared since I updated to 4.0.5.01. The previous version I had, 4.0.2.01, did not have this bug.
    In Sequencer mode, when I scroll through banks or patches using +/- keys, the display sometimes shows the new patch for a very short time, then shows the previously showing patch, then, after nearly 1s, finally shows the new patch again and sticks to it.
    It should be easy to reproduce : I'm using 4.0.5.0.01 version of the software, USB cable is plugged but Virus Control is not launched, and there are no incoming MIDI messages (there's no sign in the bottom right corner). It seems to happen less in Single mode.

Virus TI OS 4.0.5.01 has been released <- this bug?

Found another quirk. The demosong no more plays correctly (like it has some polyphony/voice stealing issues) - It always worked perfectly with any other OS I had installed, e.g. it sounded perfectly like the one you can listen to in the website player.
    My demosong now sounds like this -> TI2Demosong.mp3. The voice dropping is worse after the first 30 seconds.

At least on Windows 7 the x64 installer installs both the 32 and 64 bit versions of the plugin with the x64 driver