Arps Arpeggiator out of Sync with Virus, Focusrite Saffire Pro, Behringer ADA 8200 and Cubase - The Fix

• I struggled with this for hours - if you're having this problem allow me to enlighten you.

1) Set your Behringer to 44.1k clock, not 48 - The whole setup does not play nicely with 48khz!

2) Set your Saffire Pro to the same in Saffire MixControl

3) In Cubase Audio Device setup ensure your Clock Source is set to ADAT

4) On your virus in CONFIG ensure that Audio clock source is set to AUTO - if you see the option to select 44.1K or 48K - obviosuly set it to 44.1k

Thats it...

I set my clock to 48k on the Behringer and the Saffire pro - it all went out of sync no matter what I did.

When I tried setting everything to 44.1K it syncs up nicely again.

Cheers.

Rob.

Access Virus TI2 | Access Virus DarkStar | Access Virus Polar (White) | Komplete Kontrol S61 | Roland A-800 PRO | Casio CDP-120 | Arturia MiniBrute | MPK Mini | MPC Live 2 | Maschine mk2 | Mac Pro 12 core | Cubase Pro 8.5 | Komplete 10 Ultimate | Saffire Pro 24 | 8 channel ADAT | KRK Rokit 5 Monitors | KNS-6400 Cans | Faith Naked Venus | Gretsch G5421 | Tanglewood TSE-605 | SE Magneto Mics | Blackstar Amplification

• Thanks for sharing! Might be one of the reasons I never had the severe problems others were reporting with using TI. I’ve always used 44.1kHz for the whole recording system and just recently switched over to 48kHz.

Additionally helpful: High quality audio interfaces with a stable clock and industrial grade USB MTT hubs.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+