Ver.5.0.0.10 is not installed. (the previous version 4.5.3.0 installs without problems). What could be the reason?

• I know this isn't helpful but you're running Windows XP.

You really need to upgrade your PC but I've a feeling you know this anyway.

There will always be computer problems unfortunately - especially with Windows.

Again - I hate to sound like some kind of 'fan boy' asa they cal them these days but a Mac is far more stable for Music production.

As an example I purchased a top of the range HP Notebook - over £1000 running WinDoze and got no end of audio problems despite optimising the hell out of it (I do this for a living - or part of my living at least). Having spent days optimising it, I returned it to the store as unfit for purpose.

I then purchased a MacBook Pro. Turn on, Install Software, plug in, done, perfect.

I know this doesn't help answer the question but you're sadly not going t get far with Windows XP that has install problems. It could be literally anything. Look in the event viewer and see if the system or application logs give you any clues.

I'm not sure if the windows installer for VC generates its own install logs but you could have a prod around and see if there are any.

Cheers.

Rob.

Access Virus TI2 | Access Virus DarkStar | Access Virus Polar (White) | Komplete Kontrol S61 | Roland A-800 PRO | Casio CDP-120 | Arturia MiniBrute | MPK Mini | MPC Live 2 | Maschine mk2 | Mac Pro 12 core | Cubase Pro 8.5 | Komplete 10 Ultimate | Saffire Pro 24 | 8 channel ADAT | KRK Rokit 5 Monitors | KNS-6400 Cans | Faith Naked Venus | Gretsch G5421 | Tanglewood TSE-605 | SE Magneto Mics | Blackstar Amplification

• I formatted the HDD and installed clean WinXP SP3. But it did not help. Version 5.0.0.10 is not installed. But earlier, on the same computer, under the same copy of WinXP SP3, this version was installed. How can this be?

• But earlier, on the same computer, under the same copy of WinXP SP3, this version was installed. How can this be?

Answer) Windows. :(

Access Virus TI2 | Access Virus DarkStar | Access Virus Polar (White) | Komplete Kontrol S61 | Roland A-800 PRO | Casio CDP-120 | Arturia MiniBrute | MPK Mini | MPC Live 2 | Maschine mk2 | Mac Pro 12 core | Cubase Pro 8.5 | Komplete 10 Ultimate | Saffire Pro 24 | 8 channel ADAT | KRK Rokit 5 Monitors | KNS-6400 Cans | Faith Naked Venus | Gretsch G5421 | Tanglewood TSE-605 | SE Magneto Mics | Blackstar Amplification