3rd virus received - no after touch on 1st note (Bottom C)

• abraxa - I suspect you're the guy for this.

My white TI polar showed up today.

Upon testing the first note (bottom C) has no after touch. The note doesn't feel like it has the 'second stage' that is required for after touch. This is - all the other notes have a secondary 'pivot' at the point of 'normal' resistance at which point you can see the back of the key lift up when the additional after touch pressure is applied. This particular key does not do this and hence has no after touch. This is only the case with the Polar keybed - my TI-2 61 does not do this - just for reference and is obviously a different keybed..

Obviously I can return - maybe the best route. Just wondered if this is something you've come across before and whether it's something that can be fixed easily or whether we're talking a physical problem and parts required ?

Video as sent to the seller is below (may need to download as streaming it from Google Photos seems to not stream too well)...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Pv6r6doGaacm5hDA7

Cheers.

Rob.

Access Virus TI2 | Access Virus DarkStar | Access Virus Polar (White) | Komplete Kontrol S61 | Roland A-800 PRO | Casio CDP-120 | Arturia MiniBrute | MPK Mini | MPC Live 2 | Maschine mk2 | Mac Pro 12 core | Cubase Pro 8.5 | Komplete 10 Ultimate | Saffire Pro 24 | 8 channel ADAT | KRK Rokit 5 Monitors | KNS-6400 Cans | Faith Naked Venus | Gretsch G5421 | Tanglewood TSE-605 | SE Magneto Mics | Blackstar Amplification

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von rhbmcse ()

• Hi Rob,

Can't say I've encountered this before but I'd suspect there to be something blocking the key - maybe a protruding piece of plastic or housing, or maybe even a small foreign object that needs to be removed. The only way to really know is to open it up and have a look, which as you can imagine may not go well with the seller.

In terms of expenses, I'd expect such a repair to be doable without replacement parts. If a part should be needed, I wouldn't expect anything more than the key itself.

Hope that helped and I'm certainly interested in hearing how things develop for you!

• Cheers buddy.

Certainly a weird one.

As you know the issue I raised with my Darkstar (I bought 2 x virus' this month - it has to stop) was not actually an issue - phew.

This one however, is definitely something amiss.

I've messaged the seller to see what he wants to do. He can either have it back or I'll open it up.

Happy to do so but obviously if I find something 'wrong' then I don't want the response of "you opened it up" - pretty much the same scenario as the last time I posted. Guess it's not my lucky month - or maybe it is depending upon which way you look at it ?

Incidentally - where would one acquire a key if required and at what kind of cost ?

Thanks again - I'll keep you informed.

Rob.

Access Virus TI2 | Access Virus DarkStar | Access Virus Polar (White) | Komplete Kontrol S61 | Roland A-800 PRO | Casio CDP-120 | Arturia MiniBrute | MPK Mini | MPC Live 2 | Maschine mk2 | Mac Pro 12 core | Cubase Pro 8.5 | Komplete 10 Ultimate | Saffire Pro 24 | 8 channel ADAT | KRK Rokit 5 Monitors | KNS-6400 Cans | Faith Naked Venus | Gretsch G5421 | Tanglewood TSE-605 | SE Magneto Mics | Blackstar Amplification

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von rhbmcse ()

• OK - problem discovered.

abraxa Video attached.

Not much I can do TBF.

Given that it's not POLY aftertouch and is more channel aftertouch I'll live with it:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von rhbmcse ()

• Thank you for the update! It's been a while since I had a Virus keybed open in front of me, so I don't remember whether that pad is standard or not. I'd like to think that it's not because what you describe would certainly be an oversight to me.

Either way I'm glad you weren't sold a broken unit!

• It's been like that since day dot I believe mate.

Was very clean inside too considering - it's been looked after so I am now the proud owner of 3 x Virus TI2s - all in exceptional condition, and boxed.

My own little piece of Synth history.

Should be plenty of firepower for recording and world domination...

Thanks for all of your help, it's good to know that people like you and Oli exist.

Cheers.

Rob.