[Solved!] Polyphony / tempo problem - Notes cut-off

• Today I got my first hardware-synth (a Virus TI2 off-course desktop version) and I have played a bit with it. Neverless I can't get a simple thing like recording a song with 2 virus tracks in Cubase working (Virus set in sequencer mode).

The first instrument is a pad with an arpeggiator. When I recorded it in Cubase 5 with the Virus synced as slave i had no problem. But then I added another instrument (in Virus) and recorded it with the tempo set down to 90. Both tracks worked perfectly but when I speeded the tempo up to 120 notes began to either cut of or simply note played. I am only using max 5 voices on track 1 and 1 on track 2. Is the Virus running out of power or something when speeding up and having the textues circle faster?.

When i choose the second instrument in Virus every sound I went through was arpeggiated in the same way but I switch the arpeggiator of because i didn't want it. I think it was a bit strange that every sound automatically was set with the same arpeggiator when i chose another instrument on channel 2 in the virus because the effect seemed like it wa local and not global/common.

This might be a simple issue but I can't seem to find a solution.

Thanks for listening!

• Could it be that the arpeggiator is taking so many voices after each other in short time because of the higher tempo that the virus simply runs out of voices? If that is so it's crazy. I'm only using a preset-pad pressing a maximum of 5 notes at a time and a bass preset on the second track.

Anyone?

• It would be nice if anyone just told me if the missing replies are because they can't answer my question, that they don't understand the question, or if the question is so stupid that no one even wants to point it out.

• Well as a matter of fact it was the DSP-processor running out of power. I just hadn't imagined that a single preset could take up all the DSP-processor power. Thought atleast that the presets were programmed a bit smarter.

• Its very easy to make a preset take up all the power of the virus - just have really long releases, decays and delay feedbacks.

There are also some good tricks (already mentioned on the forum, i think) on how to reduce the load whilst not dramatically effecting the overall impact of your sound.

Obviously as the tempo increases, the number of notes starting before an old note has 'expired' increases too, so your polyphony demand goes up - this can probably be fixed just by reducing releases and feedbacks, which would probably need to be reduced anyway to fit the increased tempo.