Multi Mode 'bugs' and related questions

• I have a stand alone virus ti2,

In multi mode, the shift + value button doesn't skip through the next patch/program for a part, but instead selects the next bank. This is annoying - I have to use the knob instead which is too fast, or goto into edit mode and find the right menu page. Is this is a bug?

What is the purpose of global soft knobs? I presumed it was a way of assigning a knob to affect the parameter of all parts in a multi mode setup - but it only affects the current part selected - I don't understand why it's called global in that case.

Is there a way to copy a patch from within a multi setup from one part to another? rather than creating a patch in single mode and using that as the copy source.

• From the reference manual p130:

Zitat von Virus TI Reference Manual, p. 130

Global Soft Knobs settings

Destination

Off, Analog Boost Int ... Velo>Volume: Global destination. Used whenever the Soft Knob is left undefined in a program or the Global parameter is set to On here...

It’s called global because it affects all presets in the same way.

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• In multi mode, the shift + value button doesn't skip through the next patch/program for a part, but instead selects the next bank. This is annoying - I have to use the knob instead which is too fast, or goto into edit mode and find the right menu page. Is this is a bug?

This normal behavior. Shift+Value is not implemented in MultiMode. It just selects the next or previous Multi Preset, like without pressing shift.

Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.5.1 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 11.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.4 | MainStage 3.4 | NI Komplete Ultimate 13 | RME Fireface UFX+

• Is there a way to copy a patch from within a multi setup from one part to another? rather than creating a patch in single mode and using that as the copy source.

There is no way to copy/paste a patch (single preset). Only Multis 1-16 carry patch information, all others just reference a patch from a bank. Therefore, in general, you must store your patches in a RAM bank (A-D) to reference them in a Multi.

Please refer to the Virus Ti Quickstart manual chapter Utility Buttons/Store , p. 35 for more detailed information about storing your own patches.