Noob: Ti2 Keyboard + VC: Moving between parts on Keyboard

• Yo!

The first of many noobish idiot questions, no doubt.

I have set up FL Studio with my Ti2 Keyboard - works fine (well, latency is starting to annoy - a different story!) ...

I have set up a few Parts in my VC ... although I can select these within the DAW, if I press the < PARTS > buttons on the actual Ti2, the display does correctly move to the next/previous part and display it on the keyboard, but the keyboard only plays the sound on the default channel (part 1) ... if that makes sense. Basically, it's moving through the PARTS but not playing them ... just whatever is on Part1.

I'm sure it's my misunderstanding of midi/audio outs or something, but I kinda hoped I could set up, say, 8 parts - and move through them on the TI itself, rather than having to return to the DAW everytime ...

See ?

Thanks,

S.S.

DAW: FL Studio 9.1
    CPU: Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
    Mobo: Asus PEe
    RAM: 8GB DDR2 @ 800MHz
    Monitor: Dual Sumsung 223bw
    GPU: ATI HD 3870 x2
    Audio: MoTU UltraLite mk3
    Monitoring: Genelec 8020a
    Midi Controller: Edirol PCR-500
    Hard Synths: Virus Ti2 K/B, Tetra4, Mopho K/B
    Fav VSTi's: Omnisphere, Trilian, RMX, Kontakt4
    Microphone: sE2200a

• Yeah - I guess that's the only way - it's just annoying that I can move through the Parts on the actual keyboard ... sometimes I want to set up a bunch of sounds to have a 'jam' with and then move between them without having to return to the DAW (which is out of reach a bit)

Seems slightly crazy but that's probably just because I don't know what's going on under the hood :)

S.S.

• One kinda cool work around in FL Studio is to create a Layer part and then assign it to the MIDI Outs in FL Studio. You can create some really cool morphing sounds. But yeah, THIS IS THE REASON I DUMPED FL STUDIO AND WENT WITH ABLETON LIVE. Same issue but the interface makes it WAY less painful for me.

Good Producing. :)

• What's the latency like in Live! ? It's pretty grim playing 'live' in FL Studio.

I'm tempted ... just that bloody learning curve of another DAW ... plus, to be honest, I'm more of a 'produce a song' from A > Z, rather than a live/jam person ...

Curious though ...

S.S.

• I was very, very tempted - in fact I was just about to download it ... but it's another 32 bit version only .... I've got 8 gig of RAM in my Win7 64 bit machine and some big sample VSTi (Omnisphere etc) .... at the moment I use jBridge to solve memory issues.

If Live was 64 bit *now* I would have been very excited ... however, I still might give it a whirl to see about this latency.

Interestingly the new FL 9.1 promises 'assisted PDC' (ie: 'auto' but with manual over-ride) ... let's see if that helps things as well ... i'll report back. It's due for download today I think.

Good to hear that the transistion from FL > Live was smooth though ... I am tempted. If it was 64 bit, I probably would have got my wallet out this weekend :)

S.S.