USB sync desperation

• Hello, I'm really at my wits' end here with virus TI desktop sync problems. My system is a 2007 Mac pro (4 core 2.66). I have a fresh install of snow leopard, all the latest patches and logic 9.1.1. The audio sync to the virus is always unpredictable, usually late, and using the analog outputs is sometimes better but by no means perfect.

Last year I bought a PCIe card to put the virus on its own dedicated bus, that seemed to work for a while until my machine started kernel panicing while working on projects. The card was definitely the cause of that, maybe it's not fully compatible with Snow Leopard. The TI is plugged back into the mac pro's builtin USB ports. The only other usb devices I use are a keyboard, midi controller, and also a mackie control surface.. All very low bandwidth stuff.

I'm pretty much at a loss, I am debating the possibility of giving up the VC plugin and all of its advantages entirely and going to midi and audio so that I can work on sounds with the correct timing.

I don't know what else to try. Maybe someone could suggest another PCIe usb2 card that is definitely compatible with snow leopard, or perhaps another possible fix?

By the way, I'm using the latest TI OS 4 beta. I have read quite a few threads on this site about the sync not working properly for various people. Would it be better to go back to 3.X?

thanks in advance