Changing start timecode causes crash every time in Logic 32 and 64 bit

• Hi there,

Logic 9.1.1, 64 bit and 32 bit, latest TI OS, in Snow Leopard.

Try instanciating TI, then change the seq start time. You get the beach ball requiring a force quit.

Any ideas?!

Cheers,

Paul

• Hello?

Is anyone listening?????

I sent my session in to you guys on June 23rd and heard not a dicky bird.

I actually can't use the Virus at all. I have bought a TI2 desktop that is merely a pretty flashing box in my studio. Unless I can make simple changes in a session with TI instantiated - such as change session start time, change tempo, add tempo change - then its totally useless.

Is it worth me trying to hardwire the audio part and set it not to trasnmit audio over USB?

Please can you at least acknowledge my communications with you guys.

Paul

• hi paul,

please contact access support to get a guaranteed response. as for your problem, i have heart of that before. interestingly enough it doesn't seem to happen when you create a new song instead of using an existing session.

best, marc

• Marc,

I did contact support - I was asked to send in my session file which I did - and heard no more.

When you say create a new song rather than use existing one, what do you mean?

Lets say I want to change the tempo while I am writing - what then? I can't create a new song and copy everything into it, thats hardly a solution..?

I really want this to be able to be fixed, so I am keen to help you identify the problem - at the moment for my purposes the thing is a bookend, and thats not good...

Cheers,

Paul

• Lets say I want to change the tempo while I am writing - what then? I can't create a new song and copy everything into it, thats hardly a solution..?

of course it is not a solution but i wanted to verify if we are talking about the same problem. we've received sessions from a couple of people working in santa monica some time ago and it seems that they have build their session all on the same logic template. it might be the case that this template is corrupted, we don't know since we cannot analyze much why logic throws a beach ball. but we found a workaround which will be rolled out with the next version or the version after the next one.
    i don't know why access support didn't get back to you - that shouldn't be the case. one last thing, i cannot look this up right now: if i remember correctly, those sessions do start at a negative bar number and that was a part of the problem as well - does yours start at bar 1?

best, marc

• Hi Marc,

OK I'm trying to use the TI again. I had some friends over in SM who suggested using the audio outs, so that USB was not used for Audio. I've done that, I'm updated to the latest version of everything, and still I get the beach ball if I try and change tempo.

Here is the crash report:

Thanks,

Paul

edit; I can't attach the crash log, the forum won't let me..

Oh - and my seq does start at bar 1