"USB Device Not Recognized"

• Hi everyone,

Recently my Virus TI stopped being recognized by Windows (W7 64-bit). I've tried 2 seperate USB cables using 3 different USB host controllers (two Intel, one VIA), with 2 separate computers, and Windows is reporting code 43 on each one.

Code 43

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)Recommended resolution
    One of the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner.
    If you have already run the Troubleshooting Wizard, you might want to check the hardware documentation for more information about diagnosing the problem.

One computer is a desktop with an Intel P965 motherboard and the other is a relatively new laptop (Dell Studio 1558) with a Core i5 CPU. The Virus TI worked fine on both computers before.

What do I need to do to fix this?

• I had this before, probably because of a sketchy usb port. What I did was changing to another one and then doing the Virus reset procedure described in the manual (i.e: remove ALL cables from the unit, let it alone for a couple of minutes, keep "arp edit" pressed down for 10 seconds while you plug in the power cable). then I plugged it in and it worked again without a flaw.

• I know that Access monitors this forum, so here's a suggestion: I also play guitar, and my Vox ToneLab ST came with a nice litte utility that can scan the Windows Registry for MIDI and audio devices. Then, it can delete the ones of the user's choosing. I've used it to delete old drivers that were taking up space (the ToneLab only works correctly if it's device MID0-MID7); and I've used it to delete the Virus TI and start over. I would love to post it here on the website, but it's Vox's (Korg's) property, and I respect that. But I wish that every manufacturer shipped this kind of utility with their musical gear.

Regards / Gruesse,

-BW

Bruce Wahler
    Ashby Solutions™
    [email protected]