Ti not showing up unless is in USB update mode

• Hi i'm sure someone has posted somehing similar but I'm on my phone and it's taking forever to go through all the pages, I have just built a new pc running windows xp sp3 winstyle moonlight pro edition I have installed all software and things then go to install virus and it seemed fine until reboot then said no virus connected. I have since deleted everything and re installed and reloaded drivers and went back to os3 then back to 4 and the only time the pc picks up that it's connected is when I put it in update mode. As soon as I take it from update mode it's like there is no midi driver or something, I load cubase and get no midi signal then go to virus control ctr and get nothing until I put it in update. Can someone please help I have spent many hours with it today and am not getting anywhere maybe it's te version of windows I am using I don't know but have a few things currently in the works that need to be finished real soon.

• I get the same thing. I thought that was standard. The second I close VCC it stops picking up the Virus TI Keyboard MIDI/Synth. I'm on WIndows 7 Pro 64-bit running OS 4.whatever.

• Thanks mate, should I do a fresh software install to or just leave it??

Thanks for your help, I changed the port and it worked fine, rendered my mouse and keyboard inoperable untill I changed them around too but all good now..

• Happy that it worked. My Virus has worked even better after I did that and I wish I had done it before - I didn't need a fresh install, but I don't think it would bring anything but benefits if done.