TI2 Desktop with External MIDI Keyboard

• Hi all!

Apologies if this has been asked before - I did a search but I couldn't find what I was looking for. Basically, I have a Virus TI2 Desktop which I am using with Ableton Live. Up until now, I have just been sequencing sounds on the Virus by drawing notes in Ableton, but I've decided that I would like to use one of my MIDI keyboards to play in some loops while recording in Live.

So, my issue is trying to find which was is best to do this. If I plug the MIDI keyboard straight into my Virus, it plays in real time nicely, but when I record a part in Ableton the timing is waaaay off. Similarly, if I plug the MIDI keyboard straight into my Soundcard on my PC and play in a pattern there, it sounds perfect when recording but is miles off when I actually play back the part.

Am I doing something wrong here? I understand that there is latency involved but this seems negligible when I am actually playing the part in - it's just where Live places the notes in the clip that seems way off.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Simon

• Me too.
    I have a USB eKeys, but no success in setup.
    Hope we can get help on this one.
    I'm running a Mac and Cubase 4 and TI desktop

• I have a cheap MIDI controller hooked up via USB to FL, and via MIDI to the Virus. When I'm not using FL, it sends MIDI straight into my synth(s), when I'm using it I don't get a really high latency (it's playable, in my ears) - the DAW software gets controlled by my keyboard and it controls my synth(s)