hardware / software specific forum areas

• I'd love to post my findings about OSX / Logic 9.1.1 / Apogee Duet to a specific forum area, so we could compile information about using the Virus Ti with specific hardware.

Anyone else interested in being able to check into a forum area that is designed per hardware/software specs?

Here's the rules I've been working with, and I've had mixed success:

VIRUS RULES:

set I/O buffer size to [128]
    access and apogee recommend 128
    process buffer [small]
    plugin latency compensation must NOT be set to off
    low latency mode should be [disabled]
    general / pref / global settings / cycle = [1/96]
    enable smooth cycle
    project settings / pref / audio /
    [enable] playback preroll

OSX 10.6.4 / 2 X 2.66 Dual Core Intel / Logic 9.1.1 @ 32bit / Virus 4.0.5.01
    ^^ ^^

• Hi drewsta
    I agree it would be good to have iMac & Windows in specific sections.
    As sometimes you get lost ready other peoples problems, which have no relevance,
    if your own setup is different.

I'm still yet to find anyone that has exactly the same setup & versions that I have !!
    Don't forget every one has a slightly different setup to your own.

But.......Your Virus Rules......are just taken from the........Virus TI Setup Guide.

If everybody read there Manuals for Virus....Logic....Cubase....etc etc etc
    There wouldn't be as many issues in here & other Forums !!

But.......There is nothing stopping you from starting a specific post on here,
    'The Workings & findings' with Logic 9....IMac....etc

Cheers To Ya

The Fact Is......"We are all tactile creatures & physical interaction has always been a big part of making music" :D

• guys i am not sure that this can happen but i can ask any way .. i have logic 8 with a yamaha 01x digital mixing studio is there a way that i can upload patches to my virus kc through this formula .. if anyone can help i would be grateful