Beiträge von drewsta

i'm running a virus ti with the duet, but only use the apogee for audio IO, and the virus as a software instrument. i haven't had great luck because i always update my software too often, (cause i do IT work and always need something), but if you stay with the current recommended versions, it tends to work ok. especially if u can stand to work in 44.1.

hi all.

just wanted to report some good news...

osx lion 10.7
    logic pro 9.1.4 - in 64 bit mode
    macmini 2.5ghz - 4gb ram
    access virus ti - 4.5.115

all installed nicely. works. a bit of static on the output when i used it on a few arpegiators, but it's functional. haven't seen any sync issues yet!

logic complains that there is a USB conflict with the root USB hub, (i thought it was the wired keyboard usb connections, i spent 25 minutes connecting my wireless keyboard - doh!) but it seems to work.

and props to access - when i went to use the ti, it prompted me to change the logic pro device buffer size to small, nicely done!

purchase previous results of virus recordings here:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/drewsta/id396218147

I don't know of a way to make them completely independent. but you can use separate midi channels, and change the automation within the separate midi tracks. i've had mixed results with this technique though.

usually i'll make the first track, assign the virus, change it to midi channel 1, then just add the next track with "track - new with next midi channel". control the volume within the virus panel. i would now HIGHLY recommend making audio mixdowns of any super cool sounds you get from the virus, i've had nightmares trying to go back to songs that were done with previous versions of virus ti software and older versions of logic / mac OS. sync issues, etc.

good luck.

I'd love to post my findings about OSX / Logic 9.1.1 / Apogee Duet to a specific forum area, so we could compile information about using the Virus Ti with specific hardware.

Anyone else interested in being able to check into a forum area that is designed per hardware/software specs?

Here's the rules I've been working with, and I've had mixed success:

VIRUS RULES:

set I/O buffer size to [128]
    access and apogee recommend 128
    process buffer [small]
    plugin latency compensation must NOT be set to off
    low latency mode should be [disabled]
    general / pref / global settings / cycle = [1/96]
    enable smooth cycle
    project settings / pref / audio /
    [enable] playback preroll

OSX 10.6.4 / 2 X 2.66 Dual Core Intel / Logic 9.1.1 @ 32bit / Virus 4.0.5.01
    ^^ ^^