Virus B doesn't respond to OS update Midi file - Please help!

• I'm trying to update my Virus B's operating system. I followed the directions carefully and played the midi file from my sequencer. I know it's hooked up correctly (correct port & channel) because normal note data triggers the virus. As soon as I hit play with the OS data, the virus doesn't do anything, the display remains the same as it was (in single mode or whatever it's on). Am I doing something wrong? Does the virus need to have a certain setting? My sequencer is not also sending clock information at the same time. I'm using Sonar 8.5. Please help!

Update....I just tried playing the file with Windows Media Player. As soon as I pressed play, the screen on the virus went black, even though a few of the yellow lights on the controls remained on. Shouldn't I see the virus counting up the receiving blocks?

Also tried switching midi cables, using a different midi interface, tried installing in chunks and also tried installing an earlier version of the OS (4.8). In every instance the virus behaves the same way. With Sonar it doesn't respond at all. With Windows Media Player the screen goes black and the virus is inoperable until I turn off the power and turn it back on.

Here's where it gets even weirder. My virus B is OS 4.05. My friend has a virus B with OS 3. We tried the update using media player with his and it worked! Only my virus has the black screen issue. This verifies that my transfer specifications are in order. It has something to do with my virus not wanting to update from 4.05 to 4.9 whereas my friend's virus B had no problem updating from 3.0 to 4.9. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

• Did you resolve this in the end?
    I have the same problem with my Virus Indigo. Any version of the OS that I try to upload immediately makes the screen go blank, with only LFO1/2 lights on.

• bringing the bpm down to 20 in my daw, and waiting a good while after hitting play did the trick for me.

The Virus KB automatically recognized it was getting data thrown at it, and started receiving.

• bringing the bpm down to 20 in my daw, and waiting a good while after hitting play did the trick for me.

The Virus KB automatically recognized it was getting data thrown at it, and started receiving.

Hi there.
    I'm on Mac OS X Mavericks with Cubase LE AI Elements 6 and I'm not succeeding with the firmware upgrade. I have M-Audio MidiMan USB/MIDI interface...

I can play the Virus B from the "virtual keyboard" in Cubase, but as soon as I load the MIDI file and play it (at 20 BPM), nothing happens on the device. I still have the sound shown on the display and that's it.

What am I doing wrong or what should I try as well?

Thanks and regards,
    Flavio.