Strange sound behaviour, did it happen to anyone?

• Hello,

I have virus ti desktop, the problem that occurs is as follows: when I open ableton live 8.2 and launch Virus the sound on many patches behaves really weird. It's like sudden detuning and folding of the sound, it happens mostly I think on longer sounds with effects like delay etc. I can make some sound sample later. Please help.

Regards,
    Bart

• From the description it seems to me that the bandwidth is not enough. Do the sounds get distorted when using the analogue outputs? Are you using the Virus with a dedicated usb card?

• Wow thx for quick answer, I use analog outs and have "D" toggled, I have emu 0404 USB. Whether "LIVE" switch on virus plugin is on and off doesn't seem to affect that strange sound behaviour.

• Is the 0404 on a USB hub sharing its IRQ? Are you running your OS with some kind of energy saving plan? More info on the system would help now. Hardware, OS, Virus OS version...

• I was trying to plug in/off USB hub and thought it helped but than it started happening again quite at random that is it worked well for 10 minutes and than again... I have laptop n50vn asus with win7 latest virus version but at the beginning of next week I move to new stationary PC anyway, so I think there is no point in going deeper with it now. At least I know at all what it may be related to, thanx again for help, hope with new computer it'll be alright.

Cheers