Multi-Mode How-To and What?

• Hi everyone,

sorry for this probably not-so-smart question, but I can't find the answer (in the "extensive" manual or the forum, got my Virus TI2 Keyboard today.. ;) )

First a question about my understanding of the multi mode:

With multi mode enabled, I can play several different presets at once, either on the same key (if they have the same key range set) or on different keys (like part 1 of my patch from c1-c3 and part 2 of my patch above that) simultaneously. Means I press either C3 and hear 2 presets at once layered on top of each other or press c2 and c4 and hear two different presets playing at the same time (or only one preset at a time, depending on the key).

Is that correct?

Second:

How do I enable this multi mode? I tried the following, but it didn't work out:
    Without Ableton Live running but USB cable inserted, using Audio Out 1 (L/R) into my Fireface I hit the button "Multi", changed for example to "50" with the value button and start playing - only one preset plays. I hit part (to switch to part 2), play again - another preset plays. But not both or all in this preset at once. I also tried to create my own, and set the octave ranges for each of those. That did work in way, that I still had to switch the part to play them, but not both at the same time. (I also checked if they use the same audio out, they do)

With Ableton Live 8 and VC loaded, I created some kind of multi, using 2 presets (in "1" and "2" in the left), but no matter what I do then, only patch "1" is playing. In patch "2" there is no audio output visible. I think I use the USB Audio at that moment to get the sound in my DAW (so it's bypassing the Fireface on its way to the DAW, not from it).

Can someone please explain button by button from start how I get a multi playing, in both versions (stand alone and with VC)?

If my understanding of the Multi Mode is wrong, what is it for then?

Thank you!

Edit: Ok, with the old Ableton Tutorial I think I can figure out how this is working with VC - but in stand-alone mode, I still don't have a clue :(

• Hi there and congratulations on your new purchase ;)

In multimode, to get patches playing simultaneously, once you have them sharing the same key range, you have also to have them using the same MIDI channel - look for the MIDI channel parameter in multi edit

Suzzy