Loading new downloaded sound sets

• Can anyone tell me how to install new sounds sets downloaded from the virus site? Cannot see where it says how to install them. Downloaded the Ben Crosland set but don't know where to drag the midi file to make virus control read it. Searched this forum, the help section... nothing. PS I have a ti2 keyboard and am running the latest mac os. Thanks!

• You can find the folder path either in the manual or here in the forum, I'm not using Mac OS so I'm not sure what it should be. Once you have the patches in your "Patches" folder they will show up in both Virus Control Center (where you'll be able to burn them to ROM) and the Virus Control plug-in where you can use them in a project without installing them on the hardware or saving them up in RAM.

• Gotcha, yes tried that initially still the new Ben Crosland set doesn't show up any of the libraries. My guess is the missing step is where to move the set to where it can be seen by the library.

Take the midi file you downloaded & put it here (on a mac)HD/ Library/application support/access music/virus TI/patches.

Cheers,

Berni.

• Ok got it worked out thanks everyone. Couldn't find it in the manual for some reason.

The reason is that it is'nt in there, along with a whole bunch of other info that should be in there but is'nt. It was written, very badly, years ago & has not seen an update since despite countless revisions to the software. It's pretty pathetic on a synth in this price range to be honest.

• The reason is that it is'nt in there, along with a whole bunch of other info that should be in there but is'nt. It was written, very badly, years ago & has not seen an update since despite countless revisions to the software. It's pretty pathetic on a synth in this price range to be honest.

it's mentioned in the original virus ti user manual from 2005 on page 59, for instance. and, eventually, also in the readme file coming with the most of the newer sound sets. and elsewhere.

marc