Noise blast when changing Multis

• Hi All,

It's been a while since I've been here. I hope everyone's doing well.

I had been running OS 3.3.4 (3.3.5.01) on my TI KB (not TI2) for a while, and finally decided to move to OS4. I downloaded the latest version (4.1.1.05) and installed it. Everything seemed fine, and I spent a couple of hours going through the new features ...

Then suddenly, I changed Multis and heard a horrendous 'squawk'. After playing around with this 'feature' some, I determined:

- It's related to my using the external audio inputs. I use them in 80-90% of my Multis -- not to process the sound through the synth, but as a kind of 'audio router' to send my Nord Electro to different outputs (Out1 L+R vs. Out 3L) through the Panorama control.

- It only occurs if the Multi that I am moving *from* is complicated -- i.e., has both an audio routing Single and at least 4-5 other active Singles.

- I *think* it only occurs if the new Multi places the audio routing Single in a different slot/channel from the old Multi. (I'm not 100% sure about this; I need to play some more.)

- The noise burst varies from Multi to Multi. In the best case, it's a few 10s of milliseconds long; in the worst case, it's nearly 1 second long. It's always at full volume. I haven't figured out the 'magic bullet' yet.

- It seems like it might be due to clearing out the external input data, or some other initialization of the Multi. None of my Multis that have no audio routing Single(s) show this issue.

Is this a known problem? Does anyone know of a fix for this? At this point, I've had to return to OS3, because my live sets use 100% Multis, no Singles. I may try the last version of OS4 (4.0.5.01) to see if its a new issue (vs. an OS4 issue).

Thoughts?

--
    Regards,
    -Bruce Wahler