Output Query - Save Output (EDIT:Surround/Output) With Patch?

• Hi,

I'm pretty new to the Virus still, but just now starting to really use the Atomizer. I've expanded into DJing and have successfully routed Traktor into Ableton Live to trigger my own songs with some degree of control, alongside the set. No problems there; I'm using the Virus in standalone mode (no USB) and I've gotten the Atomizer to work as sort of a 'global send' with virtually no latency, out of its second analog output. I also have a couple of 'Instrument tracks' as a part of the set (for live patch manipulation/builds, etc.), one is taking audio from a MicroKORG XL and the other from the first output pair on the Virus. I believe the Virus is running in Sequencer Mode (two lights above 'MULTI' and 'SINGLE' are both lit; I'm able to browse parts with the PART buttons).

Here's where the annoying part comes in. I'd like to be able to switch easily from playing a synth patch (or tweaking knobs while MIDI plays through said patch), right into 'playing' the Atomizer. As it stands right now, in order to do that I have to hit EDIT, tab over to 'SURROUND' and switch the output to 'Analog 3-4', then hit the PART button a few times until I get to my preloaded 'ATOM INIT' patch. This also changes the outputs of every other part, meaning I'll immediately lose the ability to adjust mix levels for the track sending MIDI to the Virus (as its output will combine with the Atomizer output which carries the whole mix).

So what I'm wondering is if there's a way to tie outputs to a part or patch the same way other parameters are part-exclusive. I don't mind having to tab over to my Atomizer part (though I should probably move it from part 16 to make things quicker...), but I can definitely see myself forgetting to switch the output; as well, I'd like to keep the ability to mix the other MIDI channel. Is this possible at all? Am I running in the wrong 'mode'? Should I be in Multi Mode? I don't think I've ever stepped outside of Seq Mode.

Thanks for your time!