sound cutting out with virus c desktop. ??

• hi, i am using a virus c desktop running through focusrite saffire pro 40 interface. it sounds great and and all seems fine except sometimes the sound just cuts out , if i turn the virus off and then on the sound comes back, is this something anyone else has experienced? also sometimes if i just twiddle the filter cut off it works again. any light on this would be appreciated/ regards simon. :)

• I have updated the OS to 6.5 and have had the unit working fine. After some time though, it continuously cuts out. It seems to happen when I start turning the knobs on te unit. I have also replaced the CR2032 battery as suggested on another post however, this has made no difference. The strange thing is that when I turn the Virus off and back on again, I am able to use it for a short time before it cuts out again......... any ideas, help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

• I keep getting this issue too, bought this unit off ebay a few weeks back. starting to think it could be my saffire pro 14 causing issues. going to try a sonnet firewire 400>800 adapter as well.

can you let me know how to replace the CR2032 battery you speak of?

thanks

• Hello everyone,
    First off this is definitely not a known issue with any Virus c series model at all and also not the latest official OS update 6.5.
    If you guys can 100% exclude the unit not getting any Midi Volume Controller messages sent to the Virus c, then there's literally only one explanation for this: a hardware problem. However I urge you to double-check that no Midi controller is sending Midi data to the Virus c which could set its Midi Volume to 0. I had numerous cases like this in support where the Virus supposedly went "dead" and worked again after switching it on and it turned out the unit regularly got a Midi Volume message at level 0, which very obviously would cause the unit to go silent.
    So double-check this in different projects of your music software and also eventually do a test and unplug all other Midi devices to exclude this being the case. Also make sure the sequencer isn't sending out this Midi Volume controller message.

If this is definitely not caused by a Midi Volume controller message, then the unit definitely needs to get serviced.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner