i'm confused, please help

• i recently bought a virus c in ebay, and after doing some reading in the internet, i've become confused about the ROM banks in my virus, there are only 4 of them, and i've read elsewhere that there should be 8, is that right?

i'm runing OS 5.5, am i up to date?

thanks people :)

• If I recall correctly, an update can give you the additional banks by erasing the demo song. I'm not really sure about that. What I'm sure about is that your Virus is out of date. The latest OS is 6.6 BETA, released in Feb 2010. You can grab it HERE

You can find the latest stable OS (6.5) HERE, and general stuff (manuals, tuts, sounds) HERE and selecting the appropriate categories.

• the update you need for this does not seem tot be listed so you will have to ask support.......

It gives 4 Ram banks and 8 Rom banks and a few minor tweeks to the system

• i recently bought a virus c in ebay, and after doing some reading in the internet, i've become confused about the ROM banks in my virus, there are only 4 of them, and i've read elsewhere that there should be 8, is that right?

i'm runing OS 5.5, am i up to date?

thanks people :)

if i remember right, you need to install a different "second.mid" file in order to get the additional rom banks. the additional space is either holding the demo song or 4 more rom banks. the file should be a part of the 5.5 distribution. access support can certainly help you with that.

best, marc