Virus A Vs B Vs C

• I'm looking to get a virus soon but i'm not sure were i should start. I want to start with presets and then work my way into custom. But the older viruses have more limited features.

If i load a preset that was recorded on a virus C for demo, will it sound the same on a virus A? i know the A has different DAC's so this makes it sound different already but im talking about the core sound not the small effects of a different DAC.

I am also not 100% on some of these terms. Polyphony is the amount of notes that can be played at the same time? So with the virus A i an hit up to 12 notes continuously? 16 multi-tibral means that i have 16 seperate midi channels and can assign any preset to any of the 16? Then i can take the 16 midi channels and assign them to which ever analog output i want? And i get 12 polyphony on each channel, not combined from all 16?

I want this synth to hook up via midi and i can run many (up to 16?) channels through it which all go into a mixer via the analog outs and back to the computer.

The B has more polyphony and the C has more polyphony and better/more effects and eq?

So for my situation will the A even work out for what i want (above and beyond style trance) or should i go b or c?

• So for my situation will the A even work out for what i want (above and beyond style trance) or should i go b or c?

C or TI

Simple reason is the more poly, progressive style trance uses pretty big chords for leads/pads etc so with an A or B you might be a little stuck when trying to get those type of sounds out of it without dropouts.

If you plan on just using it for bass, acid and stabs then a A or B will do though.

• thanks for the reply, yes i will use chords that have many notes.

The C has 32 polyphony right?

Also the only question i have is the 32 polyphony shared over all 16 parts, or is it 32 per part?