Oscillators as Modulation Source

• Hello Ionis,

Oooooo!! This is a very juicy suggestion!!!!! Thank You :)

I do wish that the Key Follow axis point was moveable. It is moveable for the filter's, but of course is trackable for the Oscillators from a variety of points-in a variety of ways. There is something specific is my mind for that Oscillators as a Modulation Source. I should note, at the beginning of this request we didn't have access to the "1% and 10% Constant" functions which does allow for SIGNIFICANTLY more variety, variation and subtlety than previously possible. I wish we could affect the LFO Keyfollow from the Mod Matrix OR it was trackable from the Oscillator's KeyFollow, that at least would be ridiculously kool!!!!!!, That would cool me down……but here in lays the cyclical nature of the little request.

Sigh*

Nonetheless!!

An excellent workaround!, or rather, the best that we may get! I am done with this thread!

Thank You!
    (one last time though..By the way….for old time's sake)

May we please have Oscillators as a Modulation Source, one day?

• If you want to use Oscillators as sources, the current workaround is to set a LFO as a source and then give it some hefty Key Follow Amount. If you really want to beef up your speed, i.e. oscillator rates, set the source to a LFO and have them controlling each other's rate. This will allow you to get "tonal" rates. You would still have to use Key Follow, but I've played around with this before and it works!

I tried that, but the LFO would not get into the audio range. The top frequency is always the one you get when you set the rate to 127.

Thus, a big +1 for OSC as Mod sources!

As a side effect, we'd also get Noise as mod source :D

Bass Player and Synthesist.
    Virus TI2 Darkstar | Virus TI2 Desktop | Sub 37 | Voyager RME | Machinedrum | Analog Four | Digitone | MPC Live | NI Maschine+
    Mac OS 13.6.6 (Ventura) | Cubase Pro 13.0 | Ableton Live 9.6 | Logic 10.8 | MainStage 3.6 | NI Komplete Ultimate 14 | RME Fireface UFX+