SPDIF to AES/EBU

• Hello...
    I purchased the RME's fireface UFX that including a connection of AES/EBU instead of SPDIF connection.
    If I want to connect one to each other - the Virus SPDIF I/O to/from the UFX's AES/EBU I/O.

1. what the cable I need? (XLR - RCA connectors based on SPDIF or AES cable)
    2. If the cable is common to these difference protocols (SPDIF and AES/EBU) can it make any practical problems? like sticking, latency, noise etc.

bear in mind that i connect the Virus TI2 Desktop by SPDIF I/O to/from RME Fireface UFX's AES/EBU I/O.

• Or, to be safe, you could use a passive 75 ohm (S/PDIF) to 110 ohm (AES/EBU) impedance transformer, such as the Neutrik NADITBNC-M:
    http://www.neutrik.com/fl/en/a…18/NADITBNC-M_detail.aspx

75 ohm to 110 ohm transformers all seem to have BNC sockets at the S/PDIF end. So you will need to connect the transformer to the synth via a BNC to RCA S/PDIF cable. That kind of cable is rather rare, but it does exist. The transformers have a choice of either female or, like the Neutrik NADITBNC-M, male XLR at the AES/EBU end. Male is better in this case because you can use a standard male to female AES/EBU XLR cable to connect the transformer to the audio interface.

Simon

Virus TI2 Polar | TIOS 4.5.3.00 | Cubase Pro 9.5 | Windows 10 Professional