Problem Imac27" + logic 9.1.3 + Virus Ti2 KB

• I possess an imac core i7 (model 2010) and when I open the plugin virus in logic 9.1.3

"A communication error has occurred. The Virus TI does not respond to request messages or the transmitted data is corrupt.

Please be aware that the RAM banks in the browser window will not
    correspond to the actual content in the device! Please check your system
    setup."

If I click on OK, I can use all the same the plugin of the ti, if I write notes in the mouse in a region of this channel, notes will be read well and I could hear them BUT when I press on the keys of my virus ti2 keyboard nothing takes place, logic do not recognize it as midi keyboard what is very annoying. I can all the same by activating the "local" mode to hear "ON" the keys(touches) which I play on the synth but if I record what I play, logic shall not write the notes in the midi channel the big mess which!!

Now, if I reset midi ext in logic,the I am finally going to be able to use the synth as a master keyboard and to record notes in midi channel what I play BUT (and yes it would be too beautiful if everything works) if i try reading what I have just recorded, no sound goes out then on the fader of the plugin we see that he reads notes but nothing goes out.

PLEASE HELP!!!

• Are you using Your Virus as your soundcard or do you have a separate interface ? It sounds like your problem is from logic to your speakers and might not have anything to do with the virus . Can you hear other tracks that you have recorded without the virus or are you only using the virus ? i am not a pro at this because i am fairly new too but i might be able to help . Are you setting the virus up as a multi-timberal instrument with 16 tracks within logic ? if not then try that and see if it fixes your problem . :cursing:

• No I have no sound card. I connect the virus directly in USB on my imac. The problem would come from usb ports which are all used by something (isight ir receiver keyboard) in spite of only my virus is connected!! But this is internal devices. Regrettably I do not how see resolving my problem! Somebody has an imac 27 " and a virus ti2 kb with whom everything works?

• No I have no sound card. I connect the virus directly in USB on my imac. The problem would come from usb ports which are all used by something (isight ir receiver keyboard) in spite of only my virus is connected!! But this is internal devices. Regrettably I do not how see resolving my problem! Somebody has an imac 27 " and a virus ti2 kb with whom everything works?

we've used one from Jan 11' on a recent trade show without problems.

marc

• I guess my only advise from here would be to erase the virus plugin and drivers and all that and start from scratch . I have a Imac 27inch with logic pro 9 and a Ti desktop model and i have no problems at all . I know this must be frustrating for you because this is an amazing synth ! I don't understand why support hasn't helped you at all because if you are a virus owner , from my experience they do everything in there power to help !

• Yes i'am in touch with the access support

But we don't find the solves. For now sometimes it works, sometimes i have the error message. It's really random and really boring when it doesn't work!
    I start thinking to open my imac and disconnect the ir reception and bluetooth reception who i never used....

• Yes i'am in touch with the access support

But we don't find the solves. For now sometimes it works, sometimes i have the error message. It's really random and really boring when it doesn't work!
    I start thinking to open my imac and disconnect the ir reception and bluetooth reception who i never used....

try the following: put an USB2 compatible hub (it needs to be a high speed hub) in between the mac and the virus. do not connect anything else but the virus to the hub for now. let me know if that changes something

marc

• djresal -

you're welcome although you seemingly didn't attempt to try what i was suggesting. but hey, this is a public forum, maybe others having similar issues with their newer imacs can benefit. feel free to stop reading because below is about my initial suggestion.

though it is far fetched, the core of the problem might something to do with a USB transaction translator. more about that can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_hub#Speed and elsewhere on the interweb - the recommendation to use a hub in certain cases is based on our experience with newer intel chipsets and the virus ti. it is a part of the setup guide which comes with every virus ti installer package.

but again, it is just an idea and maybe your problem lies somewhere entirely different.

marc

• djresal -

... - the recommendation to use a hub in certain cases is based on our experience with newer intel chipsets and the virus ti. it is a part of the setup guide which comes with every virus ti installer package.

marc

Marc, I also have same kind of problems with my Imac i7 + Cubase 5.5 and virus snow. As I tried your solution to use the usb hub only nothing works. I mean the virus wont connect at all, it only give the
    error message in the vst window inside cubase ("you'r using the usb hub please reconnect your virus" etc...) How I can use the hub with virus... or is it even possible?

• I have the same setup - 2010 27" iMac Core i7 with a TI2 running in Logic 9. ALL my software and drivers (including VC) are up to date.

Anyway, I saw this error message as well. I simply plugged the Virus into a different USB port on the back of my iMac and the error message went away. You may need to plug your external USB devices (if you have any) into different ports as well. It seems like the combination of devices plugged into various ports can impact the reliability/performance of the VC plugin.

This is REALLY frustrating because there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to why certain combinations work and others don't. Unfortunately, even though the error message in question went away for me, I am still having all sorts of sync problems (arpeggiator and LFO's not staying in sync with Logic) and weird audio glitches whereby the audio gets totally garbled after I make a seemingly minor piano roll edit (on a non-Virus instrument/track!).

I can't believe Access STILL can't get this working after several years. (I held off upgrading my Virus Kb until now with the hopes that Access would have finally worked out the bugs.) Actually, all their failed attempts to get this system working reliably point to the fact that USB AUDIO SIMPLY DOESN'T WORK. I think it's time to throw in the towel and just create a basic MIDI version of the VC plugin and bail on the audio integration aspect. That would probably solve about 90% of the problems users are having.

Sorry for the rant. I hope you have better luck getting your system working. :)

Synths: D-550, EX-8000, Matrix-1000, Microwave, Microwave XT, MKS-50, MKS-80, Nord Rack 2, Nord Rack 3, Pro One, Prophet '08 Rack, Pulse, Pulse 2, Shruthi, TX7, Virus kb, XV-5080, Maschine
    Computer: Core i7-970 3.20 GHz Hexacore, ASUS P6X58-E PRO, ATI FirePro 2460 quad head, RME RayDAT w/4x Alesis AI3, 2x MOTU MIDI Express 128, Cubase 7.5