unhappy with Ti

• I'm sorry but i'm verry mad. :cursing: This is my first post on this forum . i bought one Virus Ti, 3 years ago by paying big money to you're "company". Now after 3 years i'm still not able to understand 100%
    the modulation matrix functions and i'm not able to understand completly this machine. Why ?. Because there are no true profesional tutorials. And the manual is just for starters. There is no advanced cool manual or advanced DVD tutorial that explains in detail modulation matrix and every Ti function.For this reason i'm very mad mad mad. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: Big shame on you . You are to greedy to ofer some true tutorials ? Or what ?. :?: :wacko: ;( :( I payed you 3000 bucks and you're company is just greedy to offer real deal informations. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: SHAME ON YOU !!!!!!!!!. .. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: . Maybe is better to buy a Motif XF no mater if is much weaker compared to Virus. At least Yamaha offer some true DVD tutorials..I'm sorry but i'm verry mad. ;( You can kiss my ass if you don't like my attitude because i don't like you're atitude either , after i payed you 3000 $ the price of a car ...I really like Mission Impossible movie ,but i don't like to play Tom Cruise role in front of this synth :wacko: :pinch:

• I don't know how much you know about synthesis & things already but here is a few links for you to have a look through.

There's a good Virus Tutorial available for download from here.

Sound on sound did a great series called "Synth Secrets " a while back.

If you are unsure of what FM synthesis, have a read through the Tao of FM

Lastly your friends at Access have just started a series of videos called Bootcamp, there's only been one episode so far but if the rest of them are as informative as the first one then they are on to a winner.

I really love fiddling with synths & discovering what they can do through trial & error - if you have a good base understanding of what you are doing then it shouldn't be a headache, instead it should bring you joy.

Have fun taming the beast :D

• thks i didn't know about Bootcamp because is really new . But seems promising . I hope to cover every detail so i wait for the next episodes to come .. Thks ! and good luck :thumbup:

• You're welcome :)

By the way, if you haven't already done so have a look at the first link I gave you as there's a few patches in there which use the matrix - it might give you a bit of a better understanding of what it's about.

• ok thks i just want to know Virus perfectly exactly like an auto mechanic that knows 100% how a car works. If i don't succeed to undersand this machine in every possible detail , this means money waste so in this negative situation i should get rid of Virus and stick with Sylenth .. I just want to learn so i'm waiting for Access to post all the necessary tutorials to understand 100% this machine ... In modulation matrix there are so many parameters . So without big help from Access it seems really impossible to understand the logic behind every detail . The sad part is that the magic lies in details . So i want to know every detail to make magic sounds . There is no other way . Sorry Access .

• LOL! You can't get mad at Access for making a machine that has capabilities far beyond your reach as a beginner user. It's built to meet the needs of pros and if you want to get the most out of it you have to put in the time with it experimenting with the features and reading the manual when you don't understand something! The manuals give you enough info to get you going on whatever area you want to learn INCLUDING the mod matrix. The matrix is all about one thing modifying another thing in ways that you tell it to. There are a million possibilities there depending on what you choose to do with it and if you want to do cool things with it you have to experiment with it or know what it is you're trying to do.
    To search a specific subject in the manual (like mod matrix) just hit ctrl+F to search a term.

• If you know the basics of synthesis it should'n be too hard to conclude what happens on each knob (actually it's sometimes much more fun to try out stuff and find it your self).
    Virus is a machine of it's own...like 303 or JP-8000. Lots of clones out there, but what separates them from orginal is when you go to extreme values (like filter)...cheap copys just won't do the "thing".
    Virus has a lot of stuff that other synths can't do and I myself like find that stuff by trying.

PS. The TI manualbook actually sucks :D