Virus Ti latency fix for Cakewalk Sonar

• OS 4.5.3 is made only for Imageline FL Studio latency issue. How about Sonar X1 ?? . Sonar & Virus have big latency issues. Sonar works perfectly with other plugins or if i use Motif XS or Korg M3. But if i try to use Virus TI1, i loose time . I use USB audio-midi connection and with Sonar is impossible to have a better stronger latency . I'm loosing time between MIDI and audio . Audio is desynchronized from MIDI and is playing only after 150- 200 miliseconds !!. I don't have this problem with others plugins or hardware synths .

My Motherboard is ASUS P7P55D-E PRO . CPU i5-760 ....and my DPC latency is perfect for audio ( 10- 30 us)...

Until now i was forced to use Virus in Live mode, and USB was used only for MIDI, while audio was send using Virus analog outs through ECHO Audio fire analog inputs . For me is not working perfectly .

I want to know if this TI1 behavior will be fixed . Or " i must seel TI1 and buy TI 2" ?? :wacko:

• :thumbup: now i have just installed jBridge VST adaptor and is working much much better usin jBridge. The latency seems to be fixed in big proportion ,but Virus plugin is working only in LIVE mode .Strange .. Again Live button must be ON but this time at least i have an acceptable latency . Sonar VST adaptor is not perfectly compatible with Virus plugin ? . Or i forgot something ?..

• Did you upgrade your Cakewalk VST adapter? http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/kb/reader.aspx/2006928
    Also make sure you are using the latest version (X1b ?) as it is known to have issues: http://njnnetwork.com/2011/05/…now-ready-for-prime-time/

Or " i must seel TI1 and buy TI 2" ?? :wacko:

TI1 and TI2 have the same hardware, its just a different design on the outside.

• that adapter update is not necessary for X1.. SONAR 6 (or later) and Project5 version 2.5 users do not require use of the Cakewalk VST Adapter. On the contrary side, if i use jBridge.VST adapter , it seems that the latency becomes ok, but only if i press the live button on. It seems that no mater what setting i do, or what VST adapter i use ,or what audio output i use, LIVE button must be always on. With jBridge adapter Virus plugin works very tight but i'm a little worry because Access team once told me that LIVE button should not be pressed because i will loose latency . :) lool . For me works exactly in the opposite direction . So i must press LIVE mode on to have better latency . Strange :huh:

• I don't know exactly what you were told by the Access team, but the LIVE button reduces the VSTi's own buffer and thus it's latency. This is the recommended setting for playing around and recording MIDI tracks. But it is not recommended for rendering tracks, since the CPU load and the load on the internal I/O busses of any average computer are very erratic, resulting in crackle and skips, created when the VSTi is waiting for some CPU time or data from an I/O bus. Going into non-live mode cures this by increasing the buffer size: the VSTi fills the buffer at the erratic pace induced upon it, and the DAW pulls the audio data at a steady pace (think about a leaky bucket). At the same time, the VSTi reports its buffer size to the DAW so that the DAW can compensate by sending the MIDI notse a little earlier, so that they arrive in time for the master mix.

• Now after many days of Sonar testing i realize that if i don't use the Virus plugin the latency is perfect . If i use the Virus plug the audio latency is a little delayed with 40-80 miliseconds....So is not perfect but workable ...

• ok now i HATE that thing ...if i use Jbridge adapter i have a good latency but i can't save patches without big errors . For example i make a good sound and after i save & reload that sound is becomimng unrecognizable ..Jesus !!!. This thing behaves like a virus in my setup . No mater what i do nothing works perfect. If i have a good latency i have errors when i save patches . If i can save patches without errors , i have problems with latency ...This thing is like an evil curse . 3 years have passed and is not working 100%. I tried different PCs . Now i have an ultra PC . So the problem is this machine :cursing:

• As a workaround, you can dump the sysex of each patch at the beginning of its track, when played back, it will set the patch parameters again.
    I think you should report a compatibility issue to the support team, though.

i doubt that this would help. parameter settings are being transmitted when virus control (or the song) is loaded. this is done by sending a sysex string. the same goes for saving a patch. and both works fully reliable here.
    marc

• i think hes not .. regarding USB audio latency and synchronization for me only Jbridge works but after a few days of Jbridge usage it seems that some MIDI parameters become uncontrollable like controlling some Virus parameters using the plugin or saving patches inside plugin ... i;m not using Virus sound card because i have a better soundcard with a better firewire latency ECHO audio fire 8