TI2 presets on TI1 ???

• can i load the factory presets of TI2 on my TI1 polar?
    i seem to have banks T to Z empty when i use VCC to restore to factory presets.
    Also no multi presets.
    Please bear with me on this.
    I am new to Virus.
    Can you give me the factory backup of TI1 to load on my Polar please?

thanks in advance.

Tio

• Dear Tio,
    Presets are exchangeable between the TI models, the TI2 models and the TI Snow. Also it is normal that the last 4 ROM Banks are empty. This is by design and thought for people to be able to burn their own sounds onto them with the "Virus Control Center" application. Also it is normal that the unit doesn't come with any Multi presets.

In regards to the factory sounds: the sounds for both the TI and TI2 series get installed with the TI software suite and they can be accessed with the Virus TI Control PlugIn. However this of course would be only of use if you use the TI connected to a computer via USB and with the Virus TI Control plugin.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner

• So can you Hard install the TI2 sounds onto he TI1? i hate VC, its so glitchy for me... I rather just use midi and audio

• Maybe OS5 will see a more stable Virus Control. Its a great piece of software and has lots of potential!

• So can you Hard install the TI2 sounds onto he TI1? i hate VC, its so glitchy for me... I rather just use midi and audio

Of course you can do this. You can use the "Virus Control Center" application to burn sounds into the ROM Banks of the TI. Since also the ROM Banks of the TI2 get installed on your computer with the Virus TI software installer you can select these banks under "public libraries" in the "Virus Control Center" application and then burn them into the ROM Banks of the TI. The sounds then are stored in the hardware and no connection to the computer is necessary to play them.

Best wishes,
    Jörg Hüttner