unison power not used on factory presets

• it seems that 99% of factory presets don't use the unison power. This gives the impression of thin weak sounds . So when a new potential customer is testing Virus for the first time , after he browse the factory presets there are big possibilities that he won't buy Virus ....

• I don't think the Virus sounds weak, far from it. Out of interest, if you were in charge of sound design at Access, what would you do to bring the quality of the presets up to your standards?

So when a new potential customer is testing Virus for the first time , after he browse the factory presets there are big possibilities that he won't buy Virus ....

When I was thinking about buying a Virus for the first time, I spent a few hours more than I needed to in the music shop auditioning different sounds & having the odd knob tweak here & there 8|

I knew on my way to the shop that I was probably going to buy it but once I was there I just kept on playing it because I was enjoying myself so much. I'd guess that most people who are looking for a Virus already know how powerful it is, or at the very least know how legendary a synth it is & will probably only be put off buying it by some sort of catastrophic failure - even if that does happen they will probably just make their way to the next music store & buy it from there instead.

• let me think psychological by real cases . A lot of reach people don't know nothing about synthesis or mastering, but they want to produce music right away next day after they buy Virus TI. So when they go to store they browse the bank a,b ..presets expecting to find presets that sound exactly like Tiesto, Armin , Deadmou5, and other famous songs. They expect to find the famous pumping side chain sound ...etc . Plus they expect the same fatness and sound impact after auditioning the firsts sound banks, like commercial songs have.

But a lot of potential customers refuse to buy this machine after they browse the presets .1. First the unison mode is not used to fatter the factory sounds 2. and second the EQ is not used to give punch and fulness .3. Third there is no side chain compressor to pump the sound... . 4. And four there is no transient shaper and power filter efx to rise the sound even more ... I just know that a lot of potential customers are turning down the offer after they audition the first bank presets....

• Their loss then, all one has to do is look at any given youtube video showing off the virus TI to find numerous examples of why this synth is such a beast.

Indulgence gets us friends, but truth gets us hatred.

OB-6, Polivoks, Polivoks Pro, Virus TI x2, Waldorf M, MS-20, MS2000, Radias, Minilogue, Minitaur, Argon8, Erebus, Alpha Juno 2, TR-8S, Xio 49, Ultranova, Microfreak,

• A lot of reach people don't know nothing about synthesis or mastering, but they want to produce music right away next day after they buy Virus TI. So when they go to store they browse the bank a,b ..presets expecting to find presets that sound exactly like Tiesto, Armin , Deadmou5, and other famous songs.

I'm sorry for saying this but people who don't know anything about synthesis & thinking that by spending a couple of thousand on a synth it's going to automatically make them sound like the latest big thing are being a bit naive or gullible then. Fair play to them if they can afford to drop a load of cash on something they don't understand in the hope that they are going to find the elusive "make me a hit" button - they'll never find it by the way.

There's much cheaper ways to learn how to use a synth properly, do many people buy a Ferrari to take driving lessons in? Thumbs up to them if they do, for two reasons - buying a Ferrari as their first car, taking lessons to learn how to operate it properly. It's not really very practical though is it, also people usually learn to drive in something a bit less complex & more forgiving. That sounds like a bit more of sensible option, wouldn't you agree?

I used to be really protective over my own IRs, samples & loops that I've built up over time, until one day someone wise pointed out to me - it doesn't matter too much if someone takes some samples off your computer, it's what they do with them that counts. If you think about it that could apply to a lot of things, in the case of the Virus it doesn't matter how many of them you have in your studio - it's how you use them that counts.

Just so you know, I'm totally ok with people buying a synth just because it is "Synth x"
    & only ever use the factory banks or buy soundsets because they
    don't care about the different synthesis techniques or don't have the
    time to design patches or learn very much about it - as long as it's
    working people in this category don't usually complain about their
    chosen synth that much.

------------

In other news, I bought me some swanky football boots the other day - Christiano Ronaldo wears the same boots apparently. I couldn't wait to try them out, but I was really upset at the end of the game - I wore these boots all the way through but do you know what? Even with these boots on, I was still cr*p at football :P