pops on ableton when a midi start

• Hi!

I'm starting to use ableton live 8, and i got a problem with the virus: when it starts play a midi part, about 95% of the times it makes a few pops or crackles, that disappear while playing. About the settings i am working at 44.100 24 bit and with buffer at 128 (i ve tried also 256 and 512 but the problem didn't stop), and of course i am using the virus plugin and Virus is updated at 4.5.3.00. The patch where i see this issue is HyperNtchBC ROM A-048.
    I don't know why it makes this thing, i use also Cubase 6 and i didn't have this problem with the same settings.

My computer is: cpu i7 2600, asus motherboard p8p67, 8 gb ram, 3 hard drives, windows 7 64 bit. I don't use hub, so the virus is connected directly in a usb port of motherboard.

Any help will be very appreciated! thanks in advance! :)

• yes i leave 4 bars of silent too, but i get the pops anyway...so annoying! ;(
    I ve no idea how to record with this issue...how many bars do you leave?

• No i don't use live button. I don't think is a usb bandwidth problem...i ve tried to unplug everything except virus mouse and keyboard, and still get this pops in the begin of a midi part. It is so strange, i don't get this on cubase.
    Wich could be the reason?

• The patch is HyperNtchBC ROM A-048 and has a long attack time.
    I said false, i get this issue in cubase 6 too: not in playback, but when i did a mixdown in real time of a midi with that patch i get pops at the begin of sound. So it is not a problem of ableton..
    I ve tried to use virus in a standard midi mode without virus control plugin , just send a midi to virus while recording its analog outputs and didn't get any pops or errors.....so i think it is a problem of virus control plugin.
    Maybe someone could record something with that patch and tell me if get same issue or not?