Running multiple Virus tracks in Cubase 6

• Hi,

I'm using Cubase 6 and I have my Virus Snow TI setup as an instrument track.
    I'm trying to add a second Virus track, so I can have two different sounds in my song from my Virus, but I can't access the Total Integration plugin as its already being used by the first track.

All i want to do is allow my Virus to play two different sounds at the same time in my song.. how do I go about doing this?

Thanks

• Hay mate

If your running the Virus Ti as a Instrument track you can only run one part of the 4 parts that you have with your snow.....

You have to press F11 to bring up the Vst rack in Cubase...

Select Virus TI Snow then,

From there you can add Multi Midi tracks to assign to the Virus and have all 4 parts running at once..

I have the Desktop Version and if i run the Virus Ti as a Instrument track i can only run on part, leaving the rest of the 15 not working.

But if i run it through the F11 Vst rack thing, i can assign multi parts and have all 16. Hope this helps.

For some reason this happens to me so yeah.

• Thanks for the replies guys I now have multiple MIDI tracks talking to the virus.

Although the problem still stands that the Virus only plays the sound patch that is currently active in the browser.
    I need it to play two different patches at the same time, how do I achieve this?

• Ok thanks I have that all working now.

My last question is though in the Virus VST plugin, I only seem to have 4 options for patches. So if I want to change the patch for a MIDI channel, I have to select it from one of the 4.
    Does this mean I'm only limited to the Virus playing 4 patches at a time?

Thanks again for the help.