Better DAW integration...

• I'd like to request these features:

Freeze track - at the moment i have to render in realtime in cubase, incredibly slow way of doing things.

Less glitches - i had a pad patch and an arp patch that played fine. rendered them, and the arp had notes missing.

I'd also like a way to make the patch sound the same every time, as when i rendered this pad it came out differently each time. Maybe i'm doing something wrong, but that brings me to my fourth request:

Better instructions. The quickstart misses out lots of stuff, it'd be good to have a bit more info with a £2000 synth.

• I'd also like a way to make the patch sound the same every time, as when i rendered this pad it came out differently each time.

There's a couple of things which may cause that, depending on how you have programmed your patch.

• In the osc page set the Phase Init knob to anything but off - this will reset your oscillators to the same point every time you press a key.
    • If you are using LFOs setting the Trig Phase knob to anything but off will give you consistency when you press a key
  • [...]

• If you are using LFOs setting the Trig Phase knob to anything but off will give you consistency when you press a key

Also the LFO's Mono mode can change its behavior - when on, all LFO's for each and every note will sync with the MIDI clock count from the start of the track, and when off each LFO will sync with the start of its own note. Now, exactly what "play the same every time" means in this context, can be different things to different people...

• Ah, thanks for the info. I've got it working now. I still get a lot of glitches and strange things happening tho, i just tend to use the Virus for bouncing sounds out as it seems to be unreliable when used in larger projects. For example, i have to have a 1/4 bar space before and after the midi part to stop it glitching, else it sometimes changes the sound. Quite disappointing really for such an expensive piece of hardware.

• With any piece of hardware it's always a good idea to leave a blank bar or two in order to make sure things sync correctly wether it be your brand new TI2 or an old Nord Lead makes no difference. It's not the Virus that's just how MIDI works in the software/hardware realm.